Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Jul-2006, 16:52
Ducati Meccanica

Dya know - this is what I will not miss about DD - all this last minute change of goalposts.. Every meeting has been the same.
Old 26-Jul-2006, 03:14

has anyone in the MT realised that 50 riders bringing their entries in is enough to cover about a quarter of the circuit hire? (very rough guess)

How much clout does that earn, and they just keep squeezing you....

something's fishy
Old 26-Jul-2006, 08:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quite right Mark, even with one combined grid plus a few doing races in other classes the DD contribution would be in the region of £5.5k to £6k at this meeting which I would think would cover the cost of 1/7th of the meeting.

With the meeting running from 9am to 6pm and allowing for a 1 hr lunch thas 8 hours track time of which about 1hr 10mins is paid for by DD members.

The DD grid itself puts £5.2k into the meeting so roughly 1/8th of the meetings costs so that should buy 1 hr of track time and what do DD get got the money, 15 min practice and a race that probably takes up about 30mins from taking to the track until last rider is off it.

So either way you look at it DD is getting short changed with 1hr tracktime I'm sure a 10 minute timed practice and two 8 lap races could be fitted in with time to spare and with the format they have now adopted of only one longer race and a 15 min timed practice there should still be enough time left for a 4 lap free practice session

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 19-Aug-2006, 20:37
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
What I do know is Donington has 40 per grid and on average Superclub runs 10 different grids, maximum income for the meeting at £130 per grid slot would be £52k from 400 competitors
Even if only 200 entered and paid £180 each for 4 races then track hire is almost covered, but as the meeting is over sunscribed then entries for a second class could be returned as over subscribed allowing NE to maximise income while sticking to the normal Superclub 2 race per class format.
So why one race, maybe they are trying to fit in 11 or 12 grids which could add another £9k to there income.

Doesn't look as if I was far off the mark, with just uner 400 competitors at Donny, so thats almost £52k in entries
http://www.neweramcc.org/news/dp13aug06.htm

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook