Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 08:51
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Thumbs down

You have got to be joking

No one likes the bickering and no one wants to see the club split, but surely in adult world the approach is one of open discussion to resolve issues rather than burying heads in the sand and moderating the trouble makers?

If this is the case, do the rest of us get to see who is being moderated so when/if their posts come through we understand if they are out of context etc
Old 12-Oct-2006, 08:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
looks like i must be on the list than as when i logged in the 1st thing i saw was
ak you do not have permission to access this page
but then everything was as usual after that.

thanks webteam
i wasnt aware that there were influences on here

karl you are so right.

weeksy put your wooden spoon away
Old 12-Oct-2006, 08:57
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK

weeksy put your wooden spoon away

Sorry dad
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:02
500SD

OK, serious post time..

Think of the bigger picture guys.

Remember when Dom set up the DD forum, it was designed and implemented to take the bikering and the fighting away from DSC forum. However that seems to have fallen away and now it's all here 100% of the time.

Time after time riders have been told the correct procedure for questioning the RC and MT, however none of these procedures seem to have been adhered to. (or if they are, they seem to do the correct one, quickly followed by the incorrect way).

The people who are sponsoring the series and throwing money and support at the series are reading all of this (as are New Era) and must be wondering 'Why do we bother supporting this'

Add on top of that the post from Everton calling DSC a laughing stock in a quote from someone at OYB.... then surely you can see why they have taken this course of action.

DSC used to be a respected place, where people like Shazzam and Ducati officials, mechanics and sponsors would come to and join in, offer advice and give assistance....

now they sit there and laugh at it.

Why. ???

Well... when you answer that .... ask yourself why they can't post any more ?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:16
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
OK, serious post time..

Time after time riders have been told the correct procedure for questioning the RC and MT, however none of these procedures seem to have been adhered to. (or if they are, they seem to do the correct one, quickly followed by the incorrect way).

The people who are sponsoring the series and throwing money and support at the series are reading all of this (as are New Era) and must be wondering 'Why do we bother supporting this'

Add on top of that the post from Everton calling DSC a laughing stock in a quote from someone at OYB.... then surely you can see why they have taken this course of action.

DSC used to be a respected place, where people like Shazzam and Ducati officials, mechanics and sponsors would come to and join in, offer advice and give assistance....

Why. ???

its not a point of questions being put to the MT/RC its about open discussion. anyone who puts something alternative forward to them, correct channels or not, have it thrown back at them.

lauging stock? i dont think so just beacause one person calls the DSC a laughing stock counts for nothing.

this latest action however wil definitely help.

i honestly cant understand the reasoning behind this. its an appauling decision.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:21
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
Quote:
Originally Posted by chass
....I wonder who instigated this then!!

Chass,
I put a proposal to ALL members of the MT on Monday for this moderation in the belief that the webteam/MT would get a hold load of ear-ache with members asking why the message board (which their subs are funding) was allowed to be used to promote what is in essence a competitor to the clubs own organised DD series.

I'm not sure whether that is the correct stance or not, but I didn't get anyone from the MT saying this was an inappropriate course of action.

The message board is paid for by the club members, the webteam administer it according to rules agreed at AGMs and MT meetings. If the club members disagree with this moderation and are happy for the potential promotion of other race series within their message board, then I apologise for interpreting the mood of the board incorrectly and will propose that the moderation is recinded with immediate effect.

If you would care to leave your opinions on this thread, I'll ensure the MT read them and review the situation.

Eamonn.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:23
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
PMSL.... the webteam/MT need to grow up here it's a public forum open to anyone paid up members or not, if you didn't want to split ranks you've certainly got a very backwards way of showing it!!!!All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't renew my membership if my money is going to fund such childish actions.And you wonder why I barely post on here now, and last year I was the top poster who wasn't on the webteam/MT.......
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:32
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
And you wonder why I barely post on here now, and last year I was the top poster who wasn't on the webteam/MT.......

Nah.... i was always the top poster on DSC.... i had almost double the post count of any other member over last 3 years
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:48
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
OK, serious post time..

Think of the bigger picture guys.

Remember when Dom set up the DD forum, it was designed and implemented to take the bikering and the fighting away from DSC forum. However that seems to have fallen away and now it's all here 100% of the time.

Why. ???

Weeksy

Save ya breath mate, there's none so blind as those that don't want to see.

Its simple, behave like spoilt children.........get treated like spoilt children.

Don't like the "rules"? go and play another game, harsh??, ........maybe

Ray.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:51
GTL

Mood: Annoyed and confused
Hey below 5,000 post your opinion don't count.