Ducati Sporting Club UK
Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle
PC's, Internet etc. Cars, or how to fix that leaky radiator - in here please!

Old 30-Nov-2009, 15:56

Chinese fairings

Hello,
just bought a Ducati 999 that i plan to use for lots of trackdays (hence plan to use ABS race fairings)
I found some very cheap fairings from a high-rated Chinese importer on ebay. It's http://www.moto-777.com and sells complete sets for £142. It looks great on pics but I, obviously, worry about quality.

Anywbody has any experience with this (or similar) fairing providers?

Also any tips on good quality/price fairings for a 999 in UK?

Many thanks
Vito
Old 13-Dec-2009, 14:01

Hi,
New to this forum though I have been consulting for a while.

I met a guy on a track day that had bought a set of fairings for his 1098s from a chinese supplier on E bay though I don't remember the supplier.

They were very good quality, fitted as good as originals and his were well painted 'Xerox'.

He was happy with them.

Hope that helps...

Greg
Old 31-Dec-2009, 03:56

There are always loads on ebay. You get what you pay for I guess? But for track days they might not be too bad
Old 05-Jul-2010, 14:25
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
I guess that might have been mine wihthe Xerox. Unfortunately I did not get them direct from the supplier but someone from this forum 'DEEJ'. He had bought them for is 749 but communications got crossed so they were for 848/1098. I took a bit of a chance but to be honest they are fitted and not just for the track, loads of people admire them and the quality is very good indeed, a couple of minor niggles but overall for the money they represent great savings compared to just one panel, you can see them on pictures in my gallery or a post called 'spring clean' on here.
Old 05-Jul-2010, 15:13
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
I have some for the 748 although I am returning the bike to standard so about to sell them on. Fitted great, no real problems. Piccies here:

http://www.italiansportingclub.co.uk...topic4807.html
Old 05-Jul-2010, 17:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
There have been cases of them exploading on track, fortuntly todate no one has sufferd injury.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 11:55
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

I had a set on my 848. Very convincing Baylis Rep. The quality of the panels and the finish is very good. However, some of the fixing points were not convincing (for instance if you over tighten the under nose fixing to the side fairing on the 848/1098 it will split). Other pieces are glued into place rather than being part of the same moulding. If you potter around and don't do many miles they will be fine, but I would not trust them for long or at very high speeds. Obviously this is only my opinion, and I only had them on for 2 weeks before I threw it up the A1