Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 29-Nov-2006, 20:40
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
So then, day 2.

Well actually, day 1 wasn't quite over when I finished my last report. I'd been working on Amy's CBR 400 all day (exaggeration, more like a couple of hours) and also helped the new neighbour, Del move in. Del is a middle aged woman, and didn't turn up in a bright yellow Robin Reliant trying to sell me knock off plates from the Royal wedding of 1981.

Now there is a serious amount of steep steps to negotiate to get to the apartments, and after a singular trip up the steps, poor Del looked knackered. So I downed tools and helped her carry all of her belongings up the stairs, further enhancing the smooth, gentlemanly nature of the British bloke along the way!

Later that evening, as I was boasting to myself and the cats that jet lag was all bullcheese and that I was fine, I woke up having lost a good hour and a half of time. Amy returned from work and refused to believe that the reason for that was that I'd been abducted by Aliens (although we both saw something very strange along those lines on the way back from LAX that freaked us out a touch).

Thinking that I was going to just continue my sleepyness was a mikstake. Amy cajoled me into taking a night cruise on Mulholland drive, as it was a clear (but cold) night, and you'd be able to se the city really clearly. So I tried not to fall down the steep steps and we hightailed it into the L.A night.

I simply cannot tell you how mind bogglingly gigantic this place is. It just goes on forever, and the view over Hollywood and the surrounding areas was breathtaking. The night pics don't really do it justice, but it was pretty cool, trusrt me.

Huuuuuuuuuge!!!

Whaaat?..who, why?..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Day 2. Wednesday 29th Nov.

Woke up pretty early, and Amy had to go off to work, so I had a good chinwag on Skype with Dom, which was cool.

It was seriously, seriously windy..and I was beginning to wonder if a tornado would pop up outside the window. stupid I know, because it isn't this part of the U.S that gets them. It just turned so quickly that it really seemed that way.

After a bit, Amy turned up at the house looking all stressed out. Turned out that traffic was so bad that she'd given up, and would go to work later. Definitley the worst thing about L.A.

In the meantime, we decided to take a drive out on some of the canyon roads, including the brilliantly named Stunt Rd that Grib mentioned earlier, which must be where that crazy Hispanic dude lives. He's certainly got a large selection of cliffs to ride off if that's his gameplan.

I drove as we were rounding the twisty canyon roads, and once Amy had assured herself that I was a decent enough driver not to have us off the edge of a cliff (at least not without borrowing some Mexican parachutes from the jumping beaner first), then she relaxed and started to take some video footage. I'm hoping to have some of this up online soon, along with her narrative that says "Timmy is obviously getting more confident, 'cos we're goin' a damn sight faster now!". He He!

It was all I could do to stand up straight for the pics to be taken, but I stood there like a trooper and put up with the dull views over Simi valey on one side, and the pacific on the other. So tedious.

"My balls are freezing, hurry up!" This is stood in the exact spot that Grib's pic was taken bythe way!

View of the Pacific Ocean. Awesome.

I don't think I'll get up to much today. I was gonna take the RSV out, but the wind is awful, and it blows lots of debris onto the roads apparently, so I'll leave that for another day.

Toodle pip,

Otei.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 20:48
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Huuuuuuuuuge!!!

A huge ****!!!!!

I definately USED to like you
Old 29-Nov-2006, 20:54
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Oh, and I suppose I had better say... I hope you're having a nice time - I'm so happy for you etc blah

Old 29-Nov-2006, 21:05
Big Twin

Quote:
I had better say... I hope you're having a nice time - I'm so happy for you

Try not to get a haemoroid (how DO you spell that?) whilst you're straining to say that through gritted teeth though.

Old 30-Nov-2006, 01:18
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...

i think ur telling porkies... thats Canary Wharf dude... look! theres my office!
Old 30-Nov-2006, 13:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Stunt Road, that's one of the roads we rode up in March as you know when the locals leant us a bike and took us for a ride in the hills

TBH the place is awesome and the locals are great people.

If you're anywhere near the Suzuki Dealer in Van Nuys go say hello to Pra he was one of the guys who looked after us so well , owns the place rides a Busa.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 13:32
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
We killed a squirrell on Stunt Road, the might of the SV1000 with us two lumps on board was too much for it, is it's little, squished body still there?
Old 30-Nov-2006, 16:53
Big Twin

A squished squirrel?

Oh, you mean Nutty McNuts, the stunt squirrel. You didn't kill him. As it turns out, you did him a favour.

After his close encounter with your SV, he realised that he was very much cut out for a life of danger and intrigue. David Hasselhoff hooked him up with a Moldavian circus troupe, and he's achieved such fame for his legendary stunting, that they've even given him his own game. Check it out:

http://cybergamez.us/freeonlinegames/nuttymcnuts.htm
Old 30-Nov-2006, 16:59
Big Twin

Quote:
i think ur telling porkies... thats Canary Wharf dude... look! theres my office!

There's nothing that gets past you is there troutster!

I admit it..it's true.

The other pics are skegness and Hull.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 17:30
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
A squished squirrel?

Oh, you mean Nutty McNuts, the stunt squirrel. You didn't kill him. As it turns out, you did him a favour.