Quote:
Originally Posted by coppersaucepipe
Payment and form sent
Cheers Steve, your form has arrived in my email inbox

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 27-Jan-2016, 19:20
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Dennis Trollope Racing (DTR) now have 30 or so sets of tyres in stock, they also now have a list of all those so far registered for DD 2016

While I was there today I picked myself up a set of each, both Alpha 13s and KR189/389 Wets

I have attached a photo of the tyres and also DTRs business card which has both the telephone number to order on and also the email address
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016 Tyres.jpg (404.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20160127_180657.jpg (217.3 KB, 20 views)

Old 27-Jan-2016, 23:36
Montjuic
Bikes: Fire-blade, Monster 600

Mood: Living the dream!!!
Has anyone tried to send an email to his email address as mine keep getting returned or is it my shite Internet connection?
Old 28-Jan-2016, 08:32
MotoGP God

Not tried Lee but I notice on the NGRRC website the email has a capital D at the start of the email address

Mail Order Service- First Class Service- DHL- Special Delivery- Sevice Van At Meetings
131 Station Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4XX
Telephone 01179 570821 and 01179 675737
email Dennis@dennistrollope.wanadoo.co.uk

Old 28-Jan-2016, 10:56
Montjuic
Bikes: Fire-blade, Monster 600

Mood: Living the dream!!!
Kev apparently it is all in lowercase but I can't verify that as I never got through and had to phone. The reason they didn't get the email is their inbox was full?
Old 28-Jan-2016, 18:41
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Tyres ordered - woohoo. Its going to rain next week so I can test the wets out on the road bike!

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 29-Jan-2016, 12:22
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Just ordered my tyres
Old 30-Jan-2016, 02:05

The ending of a (very good) control tyre which can handle all conditions at all times was one of the very best things about the DesmoDue series. It is a great shame that this has gone and the penny will drop with some riders once the season begins just what has been lost.
Old 30-Jan-2016, 09:36
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laverdisti
The ending of a (very good) control tyre which can handle all conditions at all times was one of the very best things about the DesmoDue series. It is a great shame that this has gone and the penny will drop with some riders once the season begins just what has been lost.

I mainly agree Martin, the series was brilliant when it was on the Diablo control tyres that it ran for when the series started and for several years until the Diablo was discontinued, back then we had 40 plus entries per meeting.
The change to the Rosso was a step backwards and is the only Z rated tyre we have had.
The D209GP Qualifier was a fantastic tyre in the dry but nowhere nar as good as the Diablo in the wet but with the Qualifier discontinued and then the move to the Sport Smart2 I think was a step backwards backed up by the declining grid sizes, with only 16 taking part at Pembrey for rd3. And by the end of the year we were down to 14 registered entrants at the final Pembrey round with 2 guest riders, just enough to secure our own grid.
We stuck with a single tyre rule for 11 years ( I know as I have done all but 3 meetings in that time) and in that period we have watched the grid sizes drop, had numerous calls for the introduction of wets, with riders voting with their feet and going elsewhere and we have seen two hosting clubs go to the wall and if DD didn't want to follow them we needed another club that could host us but with out the grid sizes we previously enjoyed DD no longer had the right to expect its own grid at every meeting so at times and depending on numbers DD will be sharing grids with other classes that are allowed to use Wets and in the interests of both safety and in an attempt to boost grid numbers we have also decided that introducing Wets is the way to go.