Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 08:26
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Quote:
Best impression of a bird of prey

I can do an unladen European Swallow?

wait, that sounds a bit iffy!

On a serious note, what will happen now that the capacity of the Monster has been hiked up to 695?

Obviously the old big bore rules wern't particularly satisfactory due (sic) to the size of the valves in the engine, but things would be different with the new bike.

The thing is, that you'll have to include the new bike, as it is the latest model, and also, the older 620 i.e models will start to get in short supply. Mind you, they're the exact same price as a 695

The 695 seems to have been built down to that price though, and only has the cheaper calipers as found on the sport classics, not the ex 916 brakes of the 620 and earlier models. Maybe that weakness, plus the retaining of the standard shock might be enough to negate any power advantage?

Just a thought, wouldn't want to decide to race in the series next year, then get told that the brand new 620 i just bought was going to be immediately outgunned by the 695 that ws now allowed in.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 08:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
open class a for national licence holders properly, not just limited to those who have already raced in the series. would open this section up a tad.

keep class b for novice and clubman licence.

and dont make the top 3 in the champ points in 583 'have' to move up? surely they will want to go up of their own accord?

publish that the rules for mech that will definatley not be changed for 2007 NOW to stop any fannying about over the winter. I cant see any reason not to change them.

choose when to start the season by the end of this one and dont change it again

only have rider votes at race meetings if really needed

Gets my vote...
Old 14-Jul-2006, 08:37
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
untimed practice? no way? ok I forget that...
Old 14-Jul-2006, 08:39
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
I can do an unladen European Swallow?

wait, that sounds a bit iffy!

On a serious note, what will happen now that the capacity of the Monster has been hiked up to 695?

Obviously the old big bore rules wern't particularly satisfactory due (sic) to the size of the valves in the engine, but things would be different with the new bike.

The thing is, that you'll have to include the new bike, as it is the latest model, and also, the older 620 i.e models will start to get in short supply. Mind you, they're the exact same price as a 695

The 695 seems to have been built down to that price though, and only has the cheaper calipers as found on the sport classics, not the ex 916 brakes of the 620 and earlier models. Maybe that weakness, plus the retaining of the standard shock might be enough to negate any power advantage?

Just a thought, wouldn't want to decide to race in the series next year, then get told that the brand new 620 i just bought was going to be immediately outgunned by the 695 that ws now allowed in.

why do we have to have the 695...??...the 620 offers competative racing and are fast enough for any of us......there are enough bikes in the market place to support spares for a long time yet....plenty of performance parts etc etc....

IF we have a 695 class the only people that will prolly enter it are 620 riders!!..leading to less again in 620.....i cant see anyone who wants to enter the DD saying " im not gonna enter cos there is no 695 "..no of course not.......

Keep it simple 620 OR 583 we struggle enough to get the numbers..let alone if we add a 3rd class.........................

Phil
Old 14-Jul-2006, 08:46
Big Twin

I guess you don't have to have the new bike in the series, and you're right, there'll be plenty of used bikes and spares for use in the series I suppose.

I'm not concerned either way, I just wondered if anyone had any clarification of what the rules were going to be. It's just that I'd have thought the series organisers would want to keep up to date with what is happening machinery wise.

The simpler the better as far as I'm concerned.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 08:49
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
The series doesn't need to be kept up to date, there are all other series for that.
DD needs to remain affordable and friendly, that's the most important points.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 09:05
Ducati Corse

[quote=Otei]I guess you don't have to have the new bike in the . It's just that I'd have thought the series organisers would want to keep up to date with what is happening machinery wise.

QUOTE]

Why would they.?..its our race series .!....the 620 monster is current !...and as Tonio quite rightly said , there are other series to run in if anyone wanted to run a current bike..the 695 is eligble for MT....or SoT

DD ..583 / 620.....affordable..simple...fast..competative...i ts a formula that works..ok we dont get 2 grids but we still field 40 bikes....how many other classes do that...................

we forget at time that we have a succesfull series ..

Phil
Old 14-Jul-2006, 09:20
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Wot he sed !!!

Its our series, and we can decide what bikes we want in it. At the moment I see no need to include 695 bikes in it. This would only dilute the 620 entries.

Tim
Old 14-Jul-2006, 10:46
Big Twin

Errrmmmmm...............

LOOK!..a kitten!

Old 14-Jul-2006, 10:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Errrmmmmm...............