Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Mar-2009, 22:57
500SD

I'm all for using the new Rosso asap but I'm not sure there are many complaints about the Diablos. Anyway, everyone's on the same tyres anyway.
Old 09-Mar-2009, 23:07
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Thumbs up pirreli all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
I'm all for using the new Rosso asap but I'm not sure there are many complaints about the Diablos. Anyway, everyone's on the same tyres anyway.

no complaints from me since using them racing for the last four years the confidence ive got in them is awsome exspecialy in the wet thats why i run all my road bikes on them wouldent use anything else and that seams to be
the overal coment from all the riders ive spoken to
Old 09-Mar-2009, 23:50
Mille

I haven't used Diablo's YET and I certainly wasn't complaining about them. By all accounts they are good and very good in the wet.

What is wrong, in my opinion, is that two weeks before the first meeting of the season nothing has been finalised.

Diablo's Rosso's, Rosso' Diablo's, when, if, when....

Not a very satisfactory way to start the season. So if Pirelli can't produce the tyres they have promised....

Move on, there are options....but maybe not this season now.

Avon ( from what I'm told very very good, wet and dry) Maxxis, Continental, Metzeler (I know it's Pirelli spelt differently)
Old 10-Mar-2009, 00:00
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith-healer
I haven't used Diablo's YET and I certainly wasn't complaining about them. By all accounts they are good and very good in the wet.

What is wrong, in my opinion, is that two weeks before the first meeting of the season nothing has been finalised.

Diablo's Rosso's, Rosso' Diablo's, when, if, when....

Not a very satisfactory way to start the season. So if Pirelli can't produce the tyres they have promised....

Move on, there are options....but maybe not this season now.

Avon ( from what I'm told very very good, wet and dry) Maxxis, Continental, Metzeler (I know it's Pirelli spelt differently)

nothing wrong with your opiion , i was just giving mine and i totaly agree with you we need to know either way ive got a bike sat in the garage with the wheels outwaiting to have tyres but WICH ones
Old 10-Mar-2009, 00:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Everybody can use H rated Diablos which have worked well for DD over the previous 4 seasons. If it hadn't been for Holbeach having problems sourcing Diablos towards the end of last season and it being implied that was due to them being replaced by Rossos in the not to distant future.
It then required both types to be written into the 2009 rules and the original news on Rossos was they would be available later in the season probably around late May, so it was always envisaged that the first couple of rounds would be raced on the standard H rated Diablos.

It now looks as though Pirelli have had a change of mind with regards H rated Rossos and are just doing the ZR rated ones which were not even listed in the 160/60 size on the Pirelli UK websit last July.
As I see it there are two options with regard to Pirelli, they either keep producing the standard Diablo that we have used so far or they sanction the use of the ZR rated Rosso. As this is a liability issue the decision on this probably has to go to someone near the top in the main company.

In 2005 the original rules only specified Diablos and not the rateing so back then we did use ZR rated tyres when the official support for the series was A&R racing, it wasn't until a DD update note in March 2007 that H rated tyres were really mentioned and that was only when the prices were quoted for them when supplied by Holbeach, it wasn't until last year that the rating appeared in the rule book stating H rated tyres were to be used.

Now I don't know how much information Gordon has with regard to our use of Pirelli Diablo tyres over the years as he has only been involved with DD since early last year so may not have realised that they initially sanctioned ZR rated Diablos

One solution would be to say No other tyre than the standard Diablo to be used before the Snetterton meeting which would mean an investment in a set of H rated Diablos now should serve as race tyres for the first two rounds and buy a bit of time for negotiations over the use of ZR rated Rossos or a supply of H rated Diablos to be secured by Pirelli UK

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Last edited by skidlids : 10-Mar-2009 at 09:03.
Old 10-Mar-2009, 09:29
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonparker
We have been already talking to Pirelli this week re availability and should have the matter clarified in the next few days.

Gordon
Update ;
make that more than a few days, very optamistic of me, but it is in hand and will resolved ASAP and an update issued.

Gordon
Old 10-Mar-2009, 09:33
Mille

Well we dont have long before the first round Gordon...thats what tends to get to us all.....the fact that this is all so late in the day...again.
Old 10-Mar-2009, 09:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
If Holbeach can supply H rated Diablo Rossos I can't see as there is a problem,

failing that FWR have rears advetised
http://www.fwr.co.uk

and fronts and rears are here
http://www.tyresite.com/product.asp?P_ID=755

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Mar-2009, 10:01
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
Well we dont have long before the first round Gordon...thats what tends to get to us all.....the fact that this is all so late in the day...again.

The current rules are in place and cover the situation at the moment , any amendment will be for the future, as with many things in life we can only go with information recived at the time.

Gordon
Old 10-Mar-2009, 21:07
Mille

Doesn't this whole debate highlight the futility of this season's two tyre rule anyway.

Until now Diablo's have been used successfully as a single (control) tyre to keep costs down....then this season Rosso's allowed as well (if they ever make any ).

I presume that many riders have now got spare wheels so they have the option of wet (Diablo) or dry (Rosso) choices, so how does this keep costs down when compared to the more logical, "allowed to use wets"

Senna'....I wasn't having a dig at you mate....just explaining my position as a "newbie" to 'DD'. I have raced before on treaded rubber, Avon's AM23/24 and they were pretty good 'of their time'.