Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Oct-2009, 17:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
[quote=Chaz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke

Can we please have a new rule to reduce the size of 583 riders b@lls so the 620's can keep up

I'll enter my Jack Russell then - he had his whipped of completely yesterday

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 10-Oct-2009, 20:42
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Thumbs up Nice One !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I think a minimum weight limit with bike and rider. As at present a 154kg bike with a 58kg rider, compared to 154kg and Joe average at 95/110kg

Make it 360kg for bike and rider and I might even enter !!!!!! LOL !
Old 11-Oct-2009, 17:52
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Thumbs down drop two rounds?

What are the main reasons for the drop 2 rounds?

I can understand that it could make it cheaper if you want to miss one meeting, but on a safety point isn't it counter productive to say that you can push too hard and crash 'twice' and it doesn't matter?

at the beginning of the year I thought it was a good idea, especially after not finishing two races (due to mechanicals) But, I think a crash should be lost points really.

maybe someone can think of a clever equation.

Also anything that can help me win

just a thought. matt #72
Old 11-Oct-2009, 18:03
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbayley
Make it 360kg for bike and rider and I might even enter !!!!!! LOL !

Good idea but I'd have to fasten some helium balloons to the bike, cos that's where all the weight is you know, it's not me, honest!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 11-Oct-2009, 19:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
What are the main reasons for the drop 2 rounds?

I can understand that it could make it cheaper if you want to miss one meeting, but on a safety point isn't it counter productive to say that you can push too hard and crash 'twice' and it doesn't matter?

at the beginning of the year I thought it was a good idea, especially after not finishing two races (due to mechanicals) But, I think a crash should be lost points really.

maybe someone can think of a clever equation.

Also anything that can help me win

just a thought. matt #72

Its not dropping 2 rounds
Just 2 races which can often be just one round,

Its because at Castle Combe and Assen Desmo Due have only ever been offered one grid, even when we have had 20 to 30 racing in each class, as such not everybody would be able to get an entry, so if that happens those not on the grid need to be able to drop the two races

And Scott somehow I don't believe you about it being the bike

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 11-Oct-2009, 22:00
Mille

Class A needs a serious overhaul....there were no more than 6 regular entrants this year, meaning mostly mixed grids which the faster Class A riders complained about coming up against slower Class B riders......
My suggestion is that Class A be altered thus.....
Class A 620's should be permitted to be tuned to a maximum of say, 75bhp....and for those that dont want to spend the money, allow 900ss carb'd engines in with engine rules as per Class B, ie no modifications......
I also think a combined rider/bike weight lower limit needs to be applied......
I also think the rules that applied this year need policing...how many were dyno'd to check bhp output?
Old 12-Oct-2009, 12:19
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
And Scott somehow I don't believe you about it being the bike[/quote]

It's got very heavy tyres you know!

Considering the limited availability of spare people keep mentioning here's an idea. Why not let anyone do what they want to their engines as long as they stick to the BHP limit and have say 3 random dyno meets, let the guy who owns the mobile dyno pick when he wants to turn up so no-one knows when they'll be done?
I you're caught out you get stripped of points, would £5 per racer per meeting cover the mobile dyno cost?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 12-Oct-2009, 12:27
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
Class A 620's should be permitted to be tuned to a maximum of say, 75bhp....and for those that dont want to spend the money, allow 900ss carb'd engines in with engine rules as per Class B, ie no modifications......

A 750ssie would be pressed to put out 75bhp.

Twpd runs his 800ssie in Minitwins, and that has a 72bhp limit.
Old 12-Oct-2009, 12:36
seicento

The standing joke among my "Friends" is my leathers weigh more than some of the other riders in DD, How about a horse power to kilo sliding scale!! I'll have Mr Stoners bike and the more svelte members of DD can run childrens tricycles!!

Don't change a thing in class b, looks like a Winter Diet and training plan for me, much to relief of heards of cows everywhere!!
Old 12-Oct-2009, 21:15
Mille

I also think we should take up the offer from Maxxis to sponsor the series by providing tyres to registered participants in accordance with their formal offer, which has been put to the Race Committee.....I list the contents of their offer here.....just in the interests of transparancy so all riders can see whats on the table.....just as I told the RC that I would so there is nothing under the table. After what I discovered at the weekend its time we had some transparency in such dealings......

For the attention of the Ducati Sporting Club – Race Committee

Dear Sirs,

Following an approach by David Nicholson regarding Maxxis tyres we would be happy to

supply for use in your race series our Supermaxx Sport(120/70-17 and 160/60-17) at a price of £100

a pair + VAT. If required we can supply the riders direct with the tyres based on a championship rider

list supplied by yourself.

We would also be prepared to supply two pair of tyres F.O.C. for each round to be used as you see fit.

All we would look for in return would be for the series to be named the

Maxxis Desmo Due Series if acceptable to yourselves.

We hope the above meets with your approval,

Regards,

David Banks

Maxxis UK plc