Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Jan-2011, 22:38
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST4 & Firestorm - Sadly no more DDue Racer

Pop-Up Shelter

To help create the illusion of someone who knows what they're doing, I'm thinking it might be useful to get a 2.5 or 3.0 metre square shelter. Does anyone have one for sale or can recommend a reasonably priced one that won't fall apart? I assume these are allowed?
Old 04-Jan-2011, 22:56
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Easygazeebo 3x3 around £125
Old 04-Jan-2011, 23:51
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
I won't be using mine again, PM sent.
Old 04-Jan-2011, 23:56
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Got my Gazeebo from Halfords for £45 pounds, it lasted all last years DD meets, and is still going strong, it even survived the storm force weather at Cadwell Park on the friday before race day. as long as you tie it down well it should last at least one season, have seen more expencive ones end up in a skip at the end of a meeting simply because they were not tied down well enough.

If you can tie it down to your front and back wheel of your van, and if possible the other side to the van next to you in the paddock failing that two jerry cans of fuel act as a good anchor. and run a tie down from the center to your vans spare wheel that you have taken out of the van and placed in the middle if you know what i mean.
Old 05-Jan-2011, 18:36
Bevel Head

Thanks for the quick replies. I must say i'm impressed by the easygazeebo but will take you up on your offer Tonio if there are any problems.

It will be somewhere for me to hide away after coming last! That's assuming it will fit into my estate car - no luxury van i'm afraid! Good ideas for securing it too - I was thinking of all sorts of ways of making my own weights - didn't think about the one i'll be driving there!

Looking forward to my first race and meeting more of you DDers - hopefully at Brands which is the only circuit I know my way around!
Old 06-Jan-2011, 11:17
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchaser
Thanks for the quick replies. I must say i'm impressed by the easygazeebo but will take you up on your offer Tonio if there are any problems.

It will be somewhere for me to hide away after coming last! That's assuming it will fit into my estate car - no luxury van i'm afraid! Good ideas for securing it too - I was thinking of all sorts of ways of making my own weights - didn't think about the one i'll be driving there!

Looking forward to my first race and meeting more of you DDers - hopefully at Brands which is the only circuit I know my way around!

Another good way to weight them down is to use plastic chemical drums-take them empty and fill with water once on site.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 06-Jan-2011, 19:37
Big Twin

Looking foward to seeing you again (we met at Silverstone). Your going to love it. Only two things to worry about IMO, get off the start ok and finish in one piece. Position does'nt really matter.

As regards gazebo's, I had two last year which both ended up in the skip mainly because they were not tied down enough. Third times a charm this year.

Neil #70
Old 07-Jan-2011, 06:55
Big Twin

Just bought one of these. It seems to be of much better construction than the pop up ones I binned.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gazebo-marquee...item519725c5ae
Old 08-Jan-2011, 20:21
Bevel Head

Cheers Neil. Appreciate the comments. See you at Brands!