Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Mar-2021, 20:58

OK things have moved on

It appears that the 750SS has moved on.....now, what exactly is a 900 SS FF? It's got adjustable forks and a metric speedo. It it worth changing the clock to an mph version? Is it possible? Bet it ain't cheap. Help, I'm being sucked in.....
Old 08-Mar-2021, 22:00
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Not sure about a 900FF but a 900FE (Final Edition) is quite a desirable machine.

CLock could be replaced, updated or converted to MPH using a speedo healer.

Good luck.
Old 12-Mar-2021, 20:25

Well bike has been purchased, now being fettled at Cornerspeed. Patience is not my strong point!
Old 13-Mar-2021, 13:08
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Sweet, Neil is a diamond geezer and will sort it well! LoL

Please tell him Frank with the 944cc from here says Hi and still thinks of 'Bloo' Duke often, where did that 100 bhp SS go to???

Feel free to browse any info in my siglink.

Good luck and happy riding.
Old 13-Mar-2021, 16:19

Hi thanks for this. Seen an mph speedo on the bay, the guy wants £90 for it. Sound about right? I'm thinking I can get it set to reflect the bike's actual mileage? What do you think?
Old 15-Mar-2021, 16:23

Thumbs up Update

OK peoples, managed to get another speedo for £50 inc. postage. Only problem with it is the trip knob is awol but should be able to graft the one from the metric clock across. There again, new knob is £9.00 and screw 97p so maybe just being tight.

Found someone who would rebuild it for.....£240. No doubt it would be good if I was doing a valve-caps up restoration, but as the mileage on the new clock is only 1000 over, so I think I'll just wait until the mileage tallies and live with it.....

Now, got to source the anti-vibration foam surround for the clocks. Old one is a bit..."patina'd". Stein Dinse have got'em but the price is a bit salty. Might try and get hold of some suitable foam and make my own. Anybody know any sources?

Anyway, having fun and that's what it's all about. My new bike garage/shed is being built as we speak (or at least the base pad is). Interesting few weeks to come, I think.....
Old 15-Mar-2021, 18:43
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I wouldn't bother adjusting the new clock, just document what you did with pictures to back it up, so you can explain it if anyone asks.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 17-Mar-2021, 22:23

Well guys, got the new bike....my impressions...it is fast and tiny, 80-ish bhp is fun when combined with low weight. Smoothness of gear change seems to be very dependent on getting the revs right, no doubt things will improve as I get used to the bike. Handling is (as expected) on rails, but suspension seems a bit on the hard side. Easy to adjust? Where should I start?

Rear brake doesn't seem too great, though. Fronts are good.

Bike seems to thrive on revs.

Last question, is there a paint code for the yellow colour? Needs a few minor touch-ups. Oh, and the mirrors. How easy is it to tighten them up?

Thanks for your help in anticipation.