Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-May-2013, 00:24
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spjallen
I’m looking for some on track instruction, anyone recommend any instructors? Ideally Id be able to get some at Anglesey at the next meet. Asked Spike Edwards but he’s quite pricey.

i was foolish enough to part with my hard earned and do css

biggest waste of time and money ever .. i could depart what i learned in 5 mins flat

spend your money on track time every time .. And if you can find someone a little faster than you .. follow em

i'll gladly tail you on a track day and help move you on a bit .. not at anglesey tho .. stupid girlfiends best mate decided to book her wedding on the sat grrrr
Old 11-May-2013, 06:42
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Yes no doubt from the wallet weight saving

sorry Chris.
Old 11-May-2013, 10:49
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Being fast doesnt mean being able to instruct. Depends how serious you are. A lot can be done with self research and notes, use of video, and practising those skills all the time on any ride not just track.

Even if you can get someones, on same bike, markers like brake, turn etc etc it shows what can be done as a gauge to where yours are now, then it becomes 'if they can, I can!' Mentality. Can be risky tho....riding styles make huge differences. Neil carries more corner speed than most so uless you adapt to carrying the same, you'll need to work out the differences...
Old 11-May-2013, 11:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Being fast doesnt mean being able to instruct. Depends how serious you are. A lot can be done with self research and notes, use of video, and practising those skills all the time on any ride not just track.

Even if you can get someones, on same bike, markers like brake, turn etc etc it shows what can be done as a gauge to where yours are now, then it becomes 'if they can, I can!' Mentality. Can be risky tho....riding styles make huge differences. Neil carries more corner speed than most so uless you adapt to carrying the same, you'll need to work out the differences...

Fair point. To be honest what ever you are told and by whoever it will only make a difference if as you say you adapt it to your own style. Video's I don't rate really unless it's been taken of yourself and someone like Mike Edwards is pointing out where you can improve. Clay Hill for example at Oulton on video looks like a lovely rise and left kink. In the real world the front goes light and or wheelie's and the bike wants to go straight on which makes you roll the throttle or even worse enter the turn to slowly.
Tips on gearing and prefered gear changing places at particular circuits will always be of value. Also as you say one persons level of commitment into say turn one at Cadwell is different to anothers. However if helping someone achieve maybe what I consider to be the right entry gear and speed on a DD bike at this corner they may go half a second faster? If so then this can boost your confidence greatly which is probably the best thing to make you go faster anyway.

It's not that I'm fast, it's just that your crap.

Last edited by dunlop0_1 : 11-May-2013 at 18:35.
Old 11-May-2013, 16:05
MotoGP God

Agree. And if more people shared info in the paddock would help but then who wants to give all competitive edge away...

Re vid, if you record yourself you can get away from false-positiveness. Ie if someone says are you flat onto T1 Cadwell, in your head yes easy, the vid will show/hear any roll off and where. Got to know where you are starting from before where you are going
Old 11-May-2013, 16:08
Big Twin

Got to know where you are starting from before where you are going [/quote]

Never gonna happen with me Paul.
Old 11-May-2013, 19:43
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

I'm sure it will help Bradders. If I can get a few seconds quicker here and a few more there in a progressive and consistent manner by knowing what to do, and what not to do, it'll help.
Old 12-May-2013, 00:45
MotoGP God

Good luck you know what to do, its when to do it. If Neil can share his notes/knowledge that will help a lot...
Old 12-May-2013, 20:52
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Seriously. Although being an old tart I am always more than willing to help out on any TD before racing. Won't be at Angelsey as TSGB is at Cadwell but will be back there in July with you lot.

See you there pieman! We're gonna be racing together again, well hopefully!!!
Old 12-May-2013, 21:00
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
See you there pieman! We're gonna be racing together again, well hopefully!!!

Excellent.