Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   brembo & marcis...any difference?? (/showthread.php?t=32125)

bradders 15-Jun-2006 15:21

brembo & marcis...any difference??

fitted the rear 5 spoker I got from Whele to replace my std 3 spoker and it looks different...the cone which fits on the wheel (where the nut goes on)first seems to stick out further and it took more turns to tighten, also split pin was a BUGGER to get in....

am I missing somehing? Is the cone spacer different? Have been a couple of miles but not far and if its wrong I would rather change it before I Knacker something!
Ta

weeksy2 15-Jun-2006 15:44

should be exactly the same from what i've seen in the past.

JPM 15-Jun-2006 16:06

You did locate the wheel correctly?From memory the 5 spokes have a series on holes where the 4 retaining pins from the hub locate, you can get the pins in between the holes on the wheel if you're not looking.I did this once and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't tighten the wheel up it took quite a bit of checking here and there until I'd discovered I have "wedged" the pins between the associated holes (probably not a good description) removed the wheel and reseating in the correct position and everything lined up as it should

bradders 15-Jun-2006 19:02

cheers JPM, that could be it I guess. The wheel doesnt move but then if its wedged I guess it wont.

bradders 15-Jun-2006 23:21

EEk!! spot on, they werent in the holes!! I dode for about 10 miles the other day too....and the nut was looses when I took the circlip off...thank god I cable tied the circlip on!!

Doesnt look like any damage, will find out tomorrow when I'm bunging it up the M3 to wrok!!

THanks again JPM - could have been a disaster!

rcgbob44 16-Jun-2006 08:19

Please tell me this thread is a wind up?

weeksy2 16-Jun-2006 08:55

Tut tut tut tut.... very very very poor Bradders....

:(

bradders 16-Jun-2006 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcgbob44
Please tell me this thread is a wind up?

alas not....hope I havent caused any damage, wouldnt start this morning (!!) so havent tried it yet....

easy done anyway if you switch from brembo because they are solid and only holes are those for the 4 prongs....

and you expect the hollow parts NOT to be big enough for the prongs to go in...design flaw I'd say!!

Ray 16-Jun-2006 12:13

It can be a right faff getting the drive pegs to line up with the holes, easiest way I find is to turn the rear hub/disc until a drive peg is at the top as it were, and line up with the drive peg hole in the wheel.

Ray.

bradders 16-Jun-2006 22:11

I jammed my finger in the hole and moved it when it got trapped!! Also, noticed when in the holes it moved the disc etc move cleanly