Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Track day bodywork for an 851 SP2 (/showthread.php?t=23848)

Stu888 09-Nov-2005 17:59

Track day bodywork for an 851 SP2

Can anyone recommend any decent suppliers of track day panels for an 851. I will need a complete race style fairing and single seat unit in the original large style from the SP2 & SP3 era.

I've found a german company on ebay called ricambi-weiss.de who seem to list all the parts at a fair price but was wondering if anyone had used them.

Or an alternative supplier people have used.

Cheers Stu

Jools 09-Nov-2005 18:05

Never used Ricambi Weiss, but it's a bargain price and gets the thumbs up from some of the DD competitors for it's quality. I think somebody on the 888 forum has also used one of their SP style seat units with good results as well.

Other than that QB carbon do bodykits in GRP (or Carbon if you're minted)

NUx 09-Nov-2005 22:09

I also bought me a 888 seat unit from them.
And it looks good. If I compare to the one my friend has bought, it was very good ;)

andya 09-Nov-2005 22:10

Stu
Did you want lightweight panels or just some that dont matter too much if they get damaged?

I have a pair of front panels and nose piece in red which I'm considering selling. You cant tell them apart from the original panels and fit perfectly.
The nose piece has the headlamp hole so ok for the road

Cheers
Andy

ps they are in the Avatar pic on the left

aka.eric 09-Nov-2005 23:32

I have a seat unit from Ricambi Weiss,excellent value-took a bit of fiddling to fit,more because its an SP seat going on a Strada subframe rather than the moulding.Same applies if you spend four times as much.Delivery took four days.

logyk 10-Nov-2005 08:20

I have just ordered a complete body kit from Ricambi Weiss for my 888.

I had some queries so mailed the guy in English....he telephoned me yesterday and speaks english .

I will report back when the kit arrives.

Stu888 10-Nov-2005 19:43

I was thinking of taking off the lights etc and my newly resprayed original fairing so that when the crash happens the damage will be minimised. I was going for a race config i.e. no headlight or indicators from a damage limitation perspective.

From what people say it sounds like they have a good product at a reasonable price. Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like I'll be going this route unless someone comes up with a better alternative. I'm lucky to have a long term race sponsor who does the most amazing spray jobs at a great price (I guess racing has some advantages)

Andya, do you want to u2u me a rough price for the panels so that I can weigh up options ?

Cheers
Stu