Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   10000 Km or 6000 miles on an ST3 (/showthread.php?t=13686)

Jools 31-Jan-2005 11:46

Yeah But. Even ST's have a value which they won't go below, I've never seen one for less than about 2.5K.

In any case, I intend to keep mine until it falls apart so monetary value is not an issue. It's value is in giving me the thrills, experience and (sometimes) heartache of Ducati ownership.

Glyn 31-Jan-2005 20:39

jools its not falling apart thats the problem.
its you breaking bits then spraying them the wrong colour thats killing the resale value:D

Rainbow-Walker 31-Jan-2005 23:10

The resale value (according to Bike mag), is a real ****er, in that I accept Im gonna be shafted with servicing costs if I get an ST3, but a 4K drop in value in the first year ? This seems ridiculous.

Is it really that bad ?

Henners 31-Jan-2005 23:15

Only if you ..

.. a) do 11,000 miles b) do £2500 worth of damage by throwing it down the road c) pay full price d) get a silver one :lol:

Mad Dog Bianchi 01-Feb-2005 07:05

Who cares. If it is a gem and pleases the owner for several years, that is what matters. I didn't know we rode Ducks for their resale value.

rockhopper 01-Feb-2005 09:29

Poor second hand demand doesnt help the used price either. The new price is quite competetive but with only 80 sold customers are hardly falling over themsleves to buy them hence the trade in price suffers which, like i said before makes them a cracking used buy.

Everyone i know with any of the ST bikes loves them to bits, loads of people i know who have never owned one hate them. Its our undisovered secret guys!

Mad Dog Bianchi 01-Feb-2005 09:42

Right on Paul!

Jools 01-Feb-2005 12:30

Quote:

Originally posted by Glyn
jools its not falling apart thats the problem.
its you breaking bits then spraying them the wrong colour thats killing the resale value:D

And what's wrong with orange?

Mad Dog Bianchi 01-Feb-2005 15:17

Orange, I didn't know there has been a Ducati Orange since about 1965....

Red Steve 14-Mar-2005 14:27

I bought my ST3 new in October last year. I test rode the VFR Vtec before deciding on which to buy.

I must admit I never looked at re-sale values on the basis that I intended to keep the bike for a minimum of 5 years.

Whilst the VFR was a good bike I just felt it was a bit too sterile (and common).

I certainly feel I made the right choice. The ST3 is superb. Sporty yet comfortable and a bit of a head turner into the bargain.

The wife loves going pillion as the seat is really comfortable with a better grab rail than on the VFR.

MCN have rated it the 3rd best sports tourer, behind the VFR and the new Triumph so this could help with the new sales figures and future residual values.

There is also a group test in the next issue of Bike magazine so it will be interesting to see how it fairs against its peer group in that test.