Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   10000 Km or 6000 miles on an ST3 (/showthread.php?t=13686)

Monty 14-Mar-2005 15:29

Don't forget you have to take the magazine test's with a pinch(handful sometimes) of salt-they have to be mindful of where their advertising comes from.
EG: when one of the mags(can't remember which one) did a group test of all the sports tourers 4 years ago when the ST4S had just come out they loved it. They had a technique of giving the bikes scores out of ten for all the different parts, handling, comfort, engine, etc etc. Anyway when you added up the scores the Ducati won(by quite a distance)................but funnily enough in their overall rating at the end the VFR was the best bike-go figure.:o

John

Dibble 14-Mar-2005 15:35

aaaaah, how sweet, all the old people together having a chat ..... its just like the "recreation room" at the nursing home .... bless em ....

:lol::P:lol:

Mad Dog Bianchi 16-Mar-2005 08:10

Japan is just about to allow two up touring on the expressways. April 1st is the big day. Now I have a young lass who wishes to join me on some of the tours I did and the ST 4 is really the way to go......If that means I am an old geezer, so be it, but she prefers the comfort of the ST to the sportiness of my "younger" SS.

moto748 16-Mar-2005 14:06

Mad Dog>

Never thought to ask about that before: didn't Japan have laws that made it very difficult/expensive to run a bike over 400cc?

How do you get round that?

Are there many big bikes (apart from the police:o) in Japan?

[Edited on 16-3-2005 by moto748]