Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   ST3 - wow (/showthread.php?t=15754)

tricky 29-Mar-2005 00:15

ST3 - wow

Had my 749 in for a service not long back, got loaned an ST3 for the day. Took it round the lower part of the lake district, what a great day out. The ST really suprised me. Couldnt believe how well it handled and how deceptive the speed felt. Thought I was just steadily trundling along, look down I was doing over a ton. If I had the money I'd love to own one as well as the 749.

tricky.

Monty 29-Mar-2005 10:30

Ahhh, the ST range, Ducati's best kept secret, those of us who have them love them.:D

John

Henners 29-Mar-2005 11:17

Seconded

ariel 29-Mar-2005 13:31

You bet. Had mine since January.

Jools 29-Mar-2005 13:34

ST's surprise a lot of people, on the road and on the track. They look like lardy old barges, but handle like a proper Duke

Red Steve 29-Mar-2005 13:38

I have an ST3 as well as an 748.

It must be age but the ST3 keys are my first choice 90% of the time now. Does everything I want. Couldn't get rid of the 748 though, as the ST3 doesn't quite have the WOW factor when I open the garage door.

Rushjob 29-Mar-2005 13:51

Quote:

Jools said.......
They look like lardy old barges

Sorry Jools I disagree... unless you're specifically on about those that have been painted orange by their owners......
:D:D

Jools 29-Mar-2005 16:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Rushjob
Quote:

Jools said.......
They look like lardy old barges

Sorry Jools I disagree... unless you're specifically on about those that have been painted orange by their owners......
:D:D

Cheeky young pup....

I'll have you know that my ST is now painted in matching Ducati Anniversary Red all over, and this time the colour match is cool. The piece de resistance is the nosecone which now has a very dashing white number board blending into 'triclore' green as it goes past the mirrors and a gold pinstripe to set it all off.....

Or at least it did have until our 260 mile rideout on Sunday, following other bikes through a hail of stone chips.

Now it looks as if it's been pebble dashed and has a cracked headlamp...:lol:

Oh...it's only lot's of hard work, time and money