Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Ducati discontinue the ST4s (/showthread.php?t=21546)

Micko 09-Sep-2005 14:41

Rumours are that there will be an ST3S model in the near future. I am looking forward to the option of ABS. I was considering trading my ST3 for an ST4S earlier this year, but as Ariel has pointed given the ECU/spring mods it is now a cracking bike. Mine is 100% reliable. So I am holding off for an ST3S but I want a dry clutch option!

Micko

Dementor 09-Sep-2005 16:11

Quote:

Originally posted by rockhopper
I'd have a multi strada but to me they look like they've been hit really hard with the ugly stick.

Go on you know you want to, just avoid looking in shop windows:lol:

ariel 09-Sep-2005 16:28

ST3 Performance

Good to see that both you Micko and Red Steve are having fun on your 3 valvers. Decent mileages being put in too.
Polished mine up the other day. It sure does look classy. Mine is a red un by the way.
I had a 1000DS Multistrada last year. It was good fun but unfortunately the seat height was too much for me and to be honest I feel happy about that now because other wise I shouldn't have bought my lovely ST3.

mara 10-Sep-2005 13:26

According to MCN, a key reason Ducati are putting the Testastretta engine in the Monster (to replace the Desmo powererd S4R) is to meet the new Euro 3 emissions laws due in 2006. It's cheaper to do this than alter the Desmo to meet the regs.

Assuming this is correct, it's a fair expectation that they'l do the same with the ST range.

Dunks 10-Sep-2005 23:31

So.. if this happens, are you saying this will be good or bad for prices? I have an ST2 which I only bought last Oct/Nov. I've done over 3000 miles on it and am thrilled to bits. It is a superb bike. But.... if there was the chance to upgrade to an ST4s for not a lot of money I'd probably go for it...

Mad Dog Bianchi 26-Sep-2005 09:15

They may be selling more of them here if the ST4sABS is still around as the law limiting bikes on expressways to only one up was rescinded recently. There are a wholelot of Japanese who want to go touring with a loved (or prospective) one on the pillion. Japanese sales have always been a factor in Ducati lineup decisions, so who knows how this will effect the ST4S.