Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Thieving Barsteward (/showthread.php?t=17591)

Quickshifter 14-May-2005 22:39

Thieving Barsteward

I was at Brand on Tuesday running an event when my kit bag was lifted (Black Adidas kit bag) with brand new alpinestar boots and wolf leathers (Black with white logos)
+ two back protestors and a pair of gloves both of which belonged to Frankie Chili.

Don't know if it was someone on our event or someone on the focused event evening, sorry to say it was there until they and their customers arrived.

Frankie & I will pay a £400.00 reward for their return. Don't care who nicked it (although I don't suggest you make it obvious who you are) just want it back.

[Edited on 14-5-2005 by Quickshifter]

psychlist 14-May-2005 22:41

Just can't believe some people :flame:

Hope you get it back safe and sound.

Brent 14-May-2005 22:52

That is awful.

As with stolen bikes, it always brings to mind a thought about why we so often have "justice" that regards criminals as victims, rather than one where amputation may be a bit of a deterrent.

electricsheep 14-May-2005 22:56

I am sorry to hear that, I have noticed that many trackdays / school seem to have extra people wandering around, some may be with riders, but it allways makes me a little nervious.

I hope that you get it back

The other Rob McDonagh

Quickshifter 14-May-2005 23:00

Quote:

Originally posted by electricsheep
I am sorry to hear that, I have noticed that many trackdays / school seem to have extra people wandering around, some may be with riders, but it allways makes me a little nervious.

I hope that you get it back

The other Rob McDonagh

You mean your not my lawyer, I was trying to decide if I should reach for a lawyer....... or a base ball bat:puzzled::D

electricsheep 14-May-2005 23:08

no, i'm less thin, less tall, less fast guy on the 749R
the baseball bat is more satisfying, i keep one by my door

[Edited on 14-5-2005 by electricsheep]

Gbyte666 17-May-2005 00:05

Lets all keep an eye out in the future on E-Bay and the like as well, as the pikey fooker will probally sell it. I hope to hell this was picked up by mistake and you get it returned Quickshifter.

Craig

HW 17-May-2005 11:28

Very sad to hear that.

Only just started doing track days myself and did worry a bit about leaving paddock stands, genny etc ourside the car. Seems to be a lot stuff like that left lying about though so it's then down to odds on whether yours looks a better bet than someone elses. Would be nice not to have to think like that though. I do lock the car and throw anything small in the back first though every time I leave it. Hassle, but feel safer.

Rally 17-May-2005 11:38

Of course you don't have to worry so much about it at DSC Track Attack days ;)

dave s 17-May-2005 18:32

Foooking s******s.:mad::mad::mad::mad: