Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   'Fluffy' throttle response at low revs (/showthread.php?t=21687)

hogfisch 11-Sep-2005 20:48

\'Fluffy\' throttle response at low revs

Hi all,

My 748 throttle response has become quite unresponsive at low revs. It seems to show up most with around town riding and if I go to blip the throttle between down changing, it seems to be a bit 'fluffy' (sorry, can't think how else to describe it).

I have checked cable / throttle freeplay and that is within spec. The bike is soon due its 18k mile service so wonder if it is just where it is ready for a tune.

BTW bike is running on 45mm open Termignoni and hi-flow filter with standard ECU chip. It has always run in this configuration since I have owned it, except it used to have 45mm open Microns. I don't remember having the problem with the Microns but I can't believe changing to Termignonis would make a difference.

Any ideas anyone?

H

dst1 11-Sep-2005 21:11

I must confess in being no expert but I would presume you need to upgrade to a performance e-prom, they work much better with Termi`s than with the standard chip and will change the fueling to give you a better throttle response.
I recently purchase a chip from JHP Ducati Coventry it came the next day and cost just under £30, I am sure someone else will come along that will give you much better advise than me, good luck with your problem.

GsxrAge 11-Sep-2005 21:15

hmm standard chip needs to be changed or fit pc3.

khu996 12-Sep-2005 02:44

Don't know if its the same, but an asymmetric Termi system fitted to my 749 gave me exactly the same 'fluffy' throttle response.

Turns out it was running way too lean, a PCIII and a trip to JHP sorted that out!

Does it bang/pop at low revs with closed throttle? If so, its another symptom of lean running.

Crunchy 12-Sep-2005 09:02

You definatly need to change the chip. But you also say that it needs servicing so it could also be fuel or air filter, probably both

MarioP 12-Sep-2005 14:14

I could be completely wrong on this one, but have you checked the throttle sensor? I was having similar problems at low revs (the engine was engaging and disengaging too abruptly), and the mecs realised my sensor needed adjustment. Just a thought...

hogfisch 14-Sep-2005 23:35

So THAT is what a Ducati is supposed to rev like! Just fitted a JHP chip and all my problems have vanished! Much better at low revs and soooo much smoother under acceleration. Thanks for your suggestions guys

Crunchy 14-Sep-2005 23:44

Another happy customer:sing:

whyworry 18-Sep-2005 15:22

mine is suffering from similar problem...pops loudly on overrun and ,when u blip throttle on down changes it doesnt rev - just flat kinda....also farts / splutters and faulters on acceleration around 3000 rpm ....should it pull from low rpm?
this 996 has a performance chip but maybe wrong one??
:flame:

whyworry 25-Sep-2005 02:14

where does one get a JHP chip from - price?