Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Anything good to say (/showthread.php?t=20430)

748IOM 04-Aug-2005 17:52

Anything good to say

Anyone got anything good to say about Ducati's?

Reading this board over the past few days has become quite depressing and makes me wonder about my decision in buying a 748.

MarkyMark76 04-Aug-2005 17:55

At the risk of cursing myself for ever, i'll say a word or two.

I bought an '02 748s 18months ago have covered 6,000 miles and it's cost me nothing more (excluding the carbon fibre curse) than two sets of tyres and the 6,000mile service. It starts first time every time and it has never missed a beat. It has done it's first track day and a five day trip to the Nurburgring this year as well as a four day trip to Fort William. It rocks.
:D

Steve M 04-Aug-2005 17:58

:puzzled: seems to be plenty of good stuff going on to me.

But - I saw a 2006 (yes 06) 999s yesterday - it looked superb, as well as a good few other Ducatis which their owners were having a good night riding and chatting about.

Good enough for me :)

JPM 04-Aug-2005 18:00

I even saw a free Ducati last night, all you had to do was put the key (which had been left by the owner on the seat) in the ignition and go! :frog:

Rob B 04-Aug-2005 18:01

I love my 888, even more now I have both the mag Marchesinis fitted.:bouncy:

Steve M 04-Aug-2005 18:03

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
I even saw a free Ducati last night, all you had to do was put the key (which had been left by the owner on the seat) in the ignition and go! :frog:

what a berk ;) who was that?

err - thanks for finding it Gill.

Harv748 04-Aug-2005 18:09

...thing is...you don't have to say anything...

Guido 04-Aug-2005 18:24

Give me a few days mate and I might change my current views......emotions still high having been without it for a year

Seems I don't have much luck with these things despite the loving care and attention poured upon them. Guess that doesn't count for a lot. When it wants to sh 1 t itself it will.

Just so happens like last time...it's done it at the worst possible time for me hence my angst over the 'kin thing.

Guy

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by Guido]

Athelstan 04-Aug-2005 18:27

I'm Happy
I've had a great time with my ST4s these last 4yrs belting around the alps - grand tour of spain n portugal - back to blighty 3 times (one of which was a grand tour to the very north of scotland) - mini outing to austria (only long weekend 4 day'er 1.5k mls). Yep very happy with my Duc, my UK dealer/servicing, and last but not least, very pleased with all the advice and help tracking down things I wanted from members of the DSC and its web site. Long may it last - all I need now is a pint of English Beer:rolleye:

swannymere 04-Aug-2005 19:17

:saint:Most posts tend to ask for help with problems encountered.If you start a thread with the title 'I love my Ducati because...' it will probably be the biggest thread ever!:devil: