Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC & Ducati Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Festival Italia at Brands Hatch - Sunday 14th August 2016 (/showthread.php?t=456183)

antonye 12-Jul-2016 10:52

Festival Italia at Brands Hatch - Sunday 14th August 2016

Festival Italia
Sunday 14th August // Brands Hatch

Festival Italia comes to Brands Hatch on Sunday 14 August, adding another unique major event to the Kent circuit’s impressive calendar. This all-singing, all-dancing celebration of Italian motoring and culture will be headlined by F1 demos and races for Ferraris, Alfa Romeos, and other classic Italian cars, with a themed off-track show to match, and is brought to you by the same team as the acclaimed American SpeedFest events.

Racing is to be headlined by the Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic series, with plenty of star Italian cars taking to the track for special demonstration runs too. These will range from a 1950s Ferrari Grand Prix car, to Italian F1 machines of the late ‘80s and early ‘90s, plus Abarth and Osella sports cars, and significant road machines such as the Ferrari F40 and Lancia Stratos.

Off-track highlights will include vehicle displays starring cars and bikes from many of Italy’s most iconic manufacturers, plus a Piazza in Italia shopping market, whilst there will be official involvement from the Ferrari Owners’ Club and Auto Italia Magazine.

--

The Ducati Sporting Club UK has been invited to attend and display our member's bikes. If you would like to attend and display your bike, you will be given free entry for yourself and a pillion, saving you a massive £38 on the gate cost for tickets.

We will have a dedicated area for bike parking which will be manned at all times, along with space to store your bike kit.

If you wish to join us, please send me a PM with your details - name and bike - and we'll add you onto the list!

ensonricky 16-Jul-2016 00:47

Looks good, a definite maybe.

Lloyd

ChrisBushell 18-Jul-2016 11:59

Ant

Would love to come along, but will unfortunately be in Toronto for Ben's wedding that weekend!

Stormchaser 21-Jul-2016 10:56

I would love to come Antony, but this clashes with the Ramsgate Rev-Up event which i'm committed to attending with trade stand for Vulcanet. Should the Ramsgate event not go ahead, I will definitely come.

webteam 27-Jul-2016 10:33

1 Attachment(s)
Schedule of the event...

ensonricky 27-Jul-2016 10:58

Antonye, I will be there weather permitting, Thanks for the info.

Lloyd

gary-g 27-Jul-2016 11:56

Festival Italia.

Hi,
Does the invitation extend to forum members?
If so, I may be able to attend with my ST4s
Having only just finished cleaning the bike up after a tour which included WDW though, I won't go if it's wet...

antonye 27-Jul-2016 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary-g
Hi,
Does the invitation extend to forum members?
If so, I may be able to attend with my ST4s
Having only just finished cleaning the bike up after a tour which included WDW though, I won't go if it's wet...

Of course!
We'll just hold your keys hostage until you join though... :lol:

Rob Jarvis 02-Aug-2016 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

Festival Italia
Sunday 14th August // Brands Hatch

Festival Italia comes to Brands Hatch on Sunday 14 August, adding another unique major event to the Kent circuit’s impressive calendar. This all-singing, all-dancing celebration of Italian motoring and culture will be headlined by F1 demos and races for Ferraris, Alfa Romeos, and other classic Italian cars, with a themed off-track show to match, and is brought to you by the same team as the acclaimed American SpeedFest events.

Racing is to be headlined by the Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic series, with plenty of star Italian cars taking to the track for special demonstration runs too. These will range from a 1950s Ferrari Grand Prix car, to Italian F1 machines of the late ‘80s and early ‘90s, plus Abarth and Osella sports cars, and significant road machines such as the Ferrari F40 and Lancia Stratos.

Off-track highlights will include vehicle displays starring cars and bikes from many of Italy’s most iconic manufacturers, plus a Piazza in Italia shopping market, whilst there will be official involvement from the Ferrari Owners’ Club and Auto Italia Magazine.

--

The Ducati Sporting Club UK has been invited to attend and display our member's bikes. If you would like to attend and display your bike, you will be given free entry for yourself and a pillion, saving you a massive £38 on the gate cost for tickets.

We will have a dedicated area for bike parking which will be manned at all times, along with space to store your bike kit.

If you wish to join us, please send me a PM with your details - name and bike - and we'll add you onto the list!

Hi,

Sasha from Festival Italia (Brands Hatch 14th August) is sending me a pass / ticket to show my Ducati 1199s Tricolore.

Is there a club meet up and ride to the event?

Kindest regards
Rob.

Rob Jarvis
Ducati 1199S Panigale Tricolore

Social & Documentary Photographer.
rob@robjarvis.co.uk
www.robjarvisphotography.co.uk

webteam 03-Aug-2016 15:57

All,

Please register your bikes with MSV to ensure that you get a ticket for the event.

The club will have a combined stand with DOCGB Kent and UKMOC to display all our bikes, and we have the clubs inflatable archway and stand, so you shouldn't miss us as you come in to Brands!

We are hoping to have a kit drop for anyone biking in, so you are welcome to leave your helmet and leathers with us to wander around.

There will be a parade lap at 3pm which we will also be part of, if you wish to ride round Brands (stc)!

See you there!

ensonricky 03-Aug-2016 18:29

Have I missed something? How do you register to receive your tickets from MSV?
Regards,

Lloyd

antonye 04-Aug-2016 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensonricky
Have I missed something? How do you register to receive your tickets from MSV?
Regards,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

As per www.festivalitalia.com

"If you would like to display your Italian car or bike, please submit your name, mailing address, vehicle model, what category (car or bike), registration number, and what club you are a member of (if any) to festival.italia@msv.com."

Just drop them an email and tell them you're on the Ducati stand and they'll sort you out.

Apologies for the confusion!

ensonricky 04-Aug-2016 15:06

Quote:

Hi Lloyd

As per www.festivalitalia.com

"If you would like to display your Italian car or bike, please submit your name, mailing address, vehicle model, what category (car or bike), registration number, and what club you are a member of (if any) to festival.italia@msv.com."

Just drop them an email and tell them you're on the Ducati stand and they'll sort you out.

Apologies for the confusion!

Thanks Antonye, deed done, look forward to seeing you there on the day.

Regards,

Lloyd

Sp4 Erich 07-Aug-2016 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by webteam
Schedule of the event...

Hi there...,
I would love to display my converted 999R from a mono to a biposto
Tell me what I need to do.
Cheers Erich

antonye 08-Aug-2016 09:41

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp4 Erich
Hi there...,
I would love to display my converted 999R from a mono to a biposto
Tell me what I need to do.
Cheers Erich

Hi Erich,

Just email festival.italia@msv.com with your details (name, address, reg plate) and tell them you're part of the Ducati Sporting Club stand and they will give you free entry.

We've been allocated the parking area just outside the MSV offices, the hard standing on the right, outside of Clark Curve as you enter the circuit, and will have a large display of bikes so you can't miss us!

Si1208 08-Aug-2016 19:15

Quote:

I noticed on the linked site that it says: "Passengers will need a valid ticket, and can be purchased here." Is there some sort of secret handshake we have to know to get a pillion in for free ?

Cheers

Simon

Si1208 09-Aug-2016 12:35

So... I mailed the festival.italia address, and got the following reply:
Good morning Simon

The Ducati Sporting Club display area has been sorted by the club themselves so in order to display with them you will need to contact the club directly who would then send your ticket, parking pass and passenger ticket out.

Many thanks

Sasha

What do I do now?

Regards

Simon

ensonricky 10-Aug-2016 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si1208
So... I mailed the festival.italia address, and got the following reply:
Good morning Simon

The Ducati Sporting Club display area has been sorted by the club themselves so in order to display with them you will need to contact the club directly who would then send your ticket, parking pass and passenger ticket out.

Many thanks

Sasha

What do I do now?

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon/Antonye,

This contrasts with my response also from Sasha(I received my ticket/pass yesterday)

Good afternoon Lloyd

Thank you for your email and interest in Festival Italia. I can confirm you are registered to display your vehicle at the event.

Your ticket and parking pass will be sent out on Monday so you should receive these early next week. Please note that the ticket covers the rider's entry only so any passengers will need to purchase a general admission ticket.

These can be purchased from www.festivalitalia.com or over the phone on 0843 453 9000.

Many thanks

Sasha

Regards,

Lloyd

antonye 10-Aug-2016 11:45

....*sigh*

We've not been dealing with Sasha, so he probably assumed that we would be getting tickets (we've not got anything!) rather than what we were asked to do which was to get everyone to register themselves!

I'll speak to our contact today and make sure that anyone who hasn't got tickets will still be able to get in, and will respond shortly.

Si1208 10-Aug-2016 12:58

Thanks Antony

Si1208 10-Aug-2016 18:18

The latest from festival.italia:

Hi Simon

I have spoken to my colleague James who has tried to get hold of the Ducati sporting club but has not had any luck so far. However we are definitely not sending tickets to members directly and as previously mentioned it is the club that is organising this. I have looked on the website and as per the below you will need to contact the club for tickets.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks
Sasha

er... well it doesn't help at all !

ensonricky 10-Aug-2016 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si1208
The latest from festival.italia:

Hi Simon

I have spoken to my colleague James who has tried to get hold of the Ducati sporting club but has not had any luck so far. However we are definitely not sending tickets to members directly and as previously mentioned it is the club that is organising this. I have looked on the website and as per the below you will need to contact the club for tickets.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks
Sasha

er... well it doesn't help at all !

Confusion reins. I dread to think where I'm going to be directed to when I arrive. :-(

peter grover 10-Aug-2016 23:41

festival italia

I applied via festival italia web site and recieved my ticket and pass on Tuesday.

antonye 11-Aug-2016 17:18

Situation resolved :)

I have spoken to MSV and they will be giving me a bunch of tickets for anyone that missed the deadline to register or was given the wrong/conflicting instructions!

HOWEVER! I will need to know that you need a ticket so we can tell MSV how many we need.

So if you haven't got a ticket yet, please drop me a PM with your details and I will make sure that you have a ticket waiting for you when you get there.
You will need to call me to let me know you've arrived, but I will reply to your PM to confirm and give you my details.

:)

ensonricky 11-Aug-2016 17:21

Quote:

Situation resolved :)

I have spoken to MSV and they will be giving me a bunch of tickets for anyone that missed the deadline to register or was given the wrong/conflicting instructions!

HOWEVER! I will need to know that you need a ticket so we can tell MSV how many we need.

So if you haven't got a ticket yet, please drop me a PM with your details and I will make sure that you have a ticket waiting for you when you get there. You will need to call me to let me know you've arrived, but I will reply to your PM to confirm and give you my details.

:)

Antonye,

Good work.

Lloyd

ensonricky 11-Aug-2016 17:38

More confusion

Antonye,

I've just had a look at my ticket in conjunction with the information provided by MSV today by email. Looks life am classified as a car and parking with the Fiat 500's!
Do you think anyone will notice the difference?

Regards,

Lloyd

Si1208 11-Aug-2016 20:13

Well done for getting it sorted !

PM sent

Simon

antonye 12-Aug-2016 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensonricky
Antonye,

I've just had a look at my ticket in conjunction with the information provided by MSV today by email. Looks life am classified as a car and parking with the Fiat 500's!
Do you think anyone will notice the difference?

Regards,

Lloyd

You are coming on the Multistrada though, right? :lol:

ensonricky 12-Aug-2016 09:45

Quote:

You are coming on the Multistrada though, right? :lol:

Antonye,

I might have to buy a 500 to get in. :o

Lloyd

Trig 12-Aug-2016 09:57

Thanks for sorting out some tickets Antony. See you there!

final_edition 13-Aug-2016 08:41

Too late to attend?

antonye 13-Aug-2016 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by final_edition
Too late to attend?

I'll have some tickets spare.
I'll drop you a PM with the details.

Sp4 Erich 13-Aug-2016 12:54

Hi there,
I contacted Brands Hatch MSV on Wednesday and yesterday (Friday) asking for late entry.
They said cut off was Monday....
Any suggestions on how to get very last minute complimentary entry?
Thanks Erich

Sp4 Erich 13-Aug-2016 12:56

....just saw your note with tickets Antonye...
Can I get 2 tickets for me plus passenger (we'll be coming on the pillion converted 999R bike). Thanks Erich

gary-g 14-Aug-2016 15:28

Antonye,
Thanks for the entry ticket and a great day out.

It was good to meet you and the other Ducatisti.

Regards

G.