Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Oily Italian (/showthread.php?t=34877)

Fastfasulli 14-Aug-2006 15:25

Oily Italian

I have run out of my supply of oil kindly gifted throught the club.

Anyone got any recomendations for what oil I should try next? To be honest I was thinking of some good quality extra virgin but I don't think it can handle the stick ;-)

Cheers in advance

Franco

P.S Cheers to all at Donnington for any help you gave me - Dickie, Chris, AK/CK, Bones, Antony(for trying), Kev...think that's it.
Enjoyed it all immensely specially not coming last :-)))

Grib 14-Aug-2006 15:27

The stuff my bike likes best is Miller Engine and Gearbox oil :) It's the only stuff that keeps that clutch slip at bay.

dickieducati 14-Aug-2006 15:30

got 1 lot of oil still i haven't used which you can have if you want. im not at snet but i could give it to antonye who im sure would take it there for you.

MLC Racing 14-Aug-2006 15:35

Oilyness

I find Guardian by Rock works OK. The 20/50, give it time to warm-up, seems to run cooler for longer. Change it every 2 meetings.

antonye 14-Aug-2006 15:41

Yep, no problems with me taking it to Snetterton if you need it, or may even be able to get it to the Cadwell 2-dayer next week via some means?

Fastfasulli 14-Aug-2006 15:52

Bladdy quick response no hanging around here.

Thanks alot for the advice Grib and MLC I'll make a note and look out for them - might try them both for size (not together mind you).

However for now I think it would be churlish of me to look a gift horse in the mouth and not accept Dickie's offer.

Dickie,
sent you a PM

Thanks

Fastfasulli 14-Aug-2006 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Yep, no problems with me taking it to Snetterton if you need it, or may even be able to get it to the Cadwell 2-dayer next week via some means?

Fraid i can't make Cadwell unfortunately :- ((

Are you going to Snetterton for the Saturday or on the day?

antonye 14-Aug-2006 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
Fraid i can't make Cadwell unfortunately :- ((

Are you going to Snetterton for the Saturday or on the day?

This is still the subject of some discussion, as it is only just over an hour away for us. We may be there on the saturday as well, but I need to speak to El Rico Del Rioja to see what kind of plan we need to form.

Fastfasulli 14-Aug-2006 16:25

I'm thinking of doing a track day there on the Friday - I know there aren't many corners there but I need the practice (and of course I have to test the nitro for the straights) so I was hopng to treat the bike to an oil change for the racing

BTW who is El Rico? Sounds an interesting character...

antonye 14-Aug-2006 16:26

Eric The Red, my team-mate on #69