Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC & Ducati Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Club MSV Ducati Trackday on Saturday 23rd July at Cadwell Park (/showthread.php?t=84403)

webteam 04-Jun-2011 19:13

Club MSV Ducati Trackday on Saturday 23rd July at Cadwell Park

We are pleased to announce the MSV Ducati Trackday on
Saturday 23rd July at Cadwell Park for all Ducati owners.

There will be three groups - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced -
and the price is £119 per rider. Members of the Ducati Sporting Club
can get a 10% discount on this price!

To book your place, simply call Jason on 0843 453 3000 and quote your
DSC Membership number. Discount will ONLY be available over the
phone with valid membership details.

For more information or to book online,
visit the Club MSV website

Jasper 04-Jun-2011 20:28

so,who's booked so far?

Bionicle 05-Jun-2011 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
After last year's fiasco it would have to be free for me to book again.

Well i guess last years DSC trackday did leave a sour taste in the mouth of quiet a few people and i dont blame them, but come on guys this does not involve anyone who was involved in last years DSC track day, the DSC are not making anything out of this, its just a great chance once again to be out on the track on a Ducati only day.

bradders 05-Jun-2011 17:56

Can't do that weekend anyway. Enjoy those who go.

Tonio600 05-Jul-2011 12:59

Less than £110 with the DSC discount for a day at Cadwell with other Ducati owners? That's got to be cheap as chips - Surrey chips of course ;)

Had I been in the country on the 23rd then I might well have made it my 2nd trackday of the year. That's a shame.

dunlop0_1 06-Jul-2011 19:12

Just booked online for me and Toni (Mrs Monster)

Happy days. :D

antonye 06-Jul-2011 22:07

Nice one - will reserve you some birthday cake ;)

m3nac3 18-Jul-2011 17:18

Booked x 2 :)

Jasper 18-Jul-2011 18:35

Still trying to get the day off:(

Annette 18-Jul-2011 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Nice one - will reserve you some birthday cake ;)

Erm. Happy birthday? Your card is in the post ......:frog:

I used to love the track day get togethers. Especially Brands. Hope you have good weather. Mugello next time? Have fun all.

Say hello to Mr H on your way past .... :rolleyes:

Bionicle 18-Jul-2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
Still trying to get the day off:(

Pull a sicky m8 :)

antonye 18-Jul-2011 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette
Say hello to Mr H on your way past .... :rolleyes:

I will indeed...

My favourite memory of Cadwell is that first race we did in DD, the saturday night before and how welcome both you and Dave made me feel, then the help that he gave me the next day after my little off to replace a footpeg. He did say after the race that he wished he hadn't as then I wouldn't have beaten him! :D

It's reasons like that which make the club, and long may they continue!

Annette 19-Jul-2011 05:43

My favourite memory of that was the huge tantrum on the start line. Gotta be DD's funniest moment.

ChrisBushell 19-Jul-2011 10:06

Anyone have any idea what te weather forecast is like for Saturday at Cadwell?

bradders 19-Jul-2011 10:23

rain

better take wets Paul ;) :lol:

antonye 19-Jul-2011 11:02

Quote:

My favourite memory of that was the huge tantrum on the start line. Gotta be DD's funniest moment.

Hahaha! There's a video of that on YouTube...:lol:

Bionicle 19-Jul-2011 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Anyone have any idea what te weather forecast is like for Saturday at Cadwell?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...de=louth&day=4

Bionicle 19-Jul-2011 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
rain

better take wets Paul ;) :lol:

Only need one dry session to scrub in the new dunlops on the DD bike rest of the day it can rain as i have wets on my 996 :)

Annette 19-Jul-2011 12:28

Quote:

Hahaha! There's a video of that on YouTube...:lol:

It doesn't capture the boot and glove throwing, the stomping, the bottom lip dragging in the mud :D Poor TP.

antonye 19-Jul-2011 12:54

Quote:

Poor TP.

Indeed, and it wasn't the last time that those people nearly killed TP ... they certainly earned their "Death Trap Racing" moniker at Assen with such poor bike prep!!! :lol:

chris.p 20-Jul-2011 07:20

As of 7.15 this morning, it is looking good.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?a...~LN119SE;sess=

Chris:burn:

Guido 20-Jul-2011 22:30

Well my bike's all prepped so it better be bluddy sunny!!!!!! :)

............I'll settle for dry though...I'm not greedy

Bionicle 21-Jul-2011 10:30

Anyone going to be there Friday night who will have room in their gazibo for another bike ? can only get two in the van and am bringing three so i can drop one off friday night if anyone has room ?

bradders 21-Jul-2011 13:05

you may get lucky with the weather...so is it full???

Bionicle 21-Jul-2011 15:47

Quote:

Dont think its full wasnt when i booked last week

ChrisBushell 21-Jul-2011 17:03

Quote:

Paul,

Just spoken to MSV and yes there are spaces available.

Chris

Jasper 21-Jul-2011 22:31

Well Guys for the first time in a long time Hayley and I cannot make this one,due to my work commitments. Hopefully we may have a second one!!I hope you all have a fantastic time.Wish I could be there.:(

Bionicle 22-Jul-2011 08:20

Not going to be the same without you and Hayley there M8.

antonye 22-Jul-2011 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
Hopefully we may have a second one!!I hope you all have a fantastic time.Wish I could be there.:(

I would like to arrange another one for later in the year, as not only does it give us more chance to advertise (Pronto, Website, etc) but also to arrange things and for the club members to organise themselves too.

In the interests of democracy, I'll probably start a new thread with a poll to see who would like to go where, and then maybe we can use that as an indication of what the members want (a radical idea, I know!)

It's a shame you can't make it, but having been in a similar position myself over the last few months, you have my sympathies Jasper!

The weather's looking good here - blue skies! - so let's hope the majority of the sessions are dry tomorrow.

dunlop0_1 22-Jul-2011 12:42

Quote:

I would like to arrange another one for later in the year, as not only does it give us more chance to advertise (Pronto, Website, etc) but also to arrange things and for the club members to organise themselves too.

In the interests of democracy, I'll probably start a new thread with a poll to see who would like to go where, and then maybe we can use that as an indication of what the members want (a radical idea, I know!)

It's a shame you can't make it, but having been in a similar position myself over the last few months, you have my sympathies Jasper!

The weather's looking good here - blue skies! - so let's hope the majority of the sessions are dry tomorrow.

Sounds good, Oulton or Donington? :D

bradders 22-Jul-2011 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Sounds good, Oulton or Donington? :D

oulton, around Sept 16th maybe? :D

TopiToo 22-Jul-2011 19:14

I second that ^^^^^^^^^ :)

skidlids 22-Jul-2011 19:55

Quote:

oulton, around Sept 16th maybe? :D

Certainly can't afford that if its anything like the £165 for the practice day on Friday the 16th September

chris.p 22-Jul-2011 20:14

Paul & I popped over to Cadwell late on this afternoon to drop off his DD bike ready for tomorrow, John Hopkins and the Suzuki BSB team including Jack Valentine where just packing up to go home as we got there, Ian Cobby had been instructing today and will also be instructing tomorrow, so he will be able to show some of the DD boys that are going a few lines etc.

Still quite a few places going, weather will be DRY according to every forcast I have looked at this afternoon, so get your selves to Cadwell tomorrow.

Chris:burn:

bradders 22-Jul-2011 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Ian Cobby had been instructing today and will also be instructing tomorrow, so he will be able to show some of the DD boys that are going a few lines etc.

thats all we need :rolleyes:

bradders 22-Jul-2011 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Certainly can't afford that if its anything like the £165 for the practice day on Friday the 16th September

know what you mean, I'll either just turn up and race or give this one a miss

Dementor 22-Jul-2011 21:02

Quote:

or give this one a miss

That could seriously impact on my wine consumption :lol:

Jasper 22-Jul-2011 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
Not going to be the same without you and Hayley there M8.

Thanks mate.We will miss meeting You Chris and Cathy,In fact everyone really! Hopefully Ant will sort another one!

Monty 24-Jul-2011 14:16

Well a dam good time was had by those who attended-I discovered that Michelin PR3's are bloody good tyres which work well on track as well as road-the rear did get a bit hot mind-perhaps something to do with hitting 145 on Park Straight maybe................. Apparently Mutley looked like a big mobile chicane-which catapulted out of the corners. One guy told me he had to get past me before I warmed the tyres otherwise he had no chance-he could catch me on the brakes-and then watch me pull away on the exits. He said he had a mental picture of me sitting there all comfy whistling to myself and taking in the passing scenery.
Roll on the next one.

John

Guido 25-Jul-2011 12:57

Had a great day too. Happy to announce the Duke performed flawlessly with no engine problems whatsoever. Long may they continue.....

Just have to get my head sorted now and ride it like it's meant to be ridden on track........:)

Great to see John, Antony, Chris, Cathy Paul, and John Brown (aka Digger) again.

Gc