Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Rear Suspension (/showthread.php?t=85406)

Spjallen 11-Jan-2012 18:56

Rear Suspension

Hi guys, just picking your brains before I think about parting with yet more cash. What rear shocks are you running and why? I've been looking on eBay for one for my 620 sport ( ss ) but no luck yet. Is it worth the expense??

Tom Roberts 11-Jan-2012 20:47

Rear Suspension

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spjallen
Hi guys, just picking your brains before I think about parting with yet more cash. What rear shocks are you running and why? I've been looking on eBay for one for my 620 sport ( ss ) but no luck yet. Is it worth the expense??

If your considering using a standard unit I have a mint one that came off a 4,000 mile, 04 620 SS going cheap.

Regards

Tom

bradders 11-Jan-2012 22:00

running a 916 showa shock on my monster---doesn't help you tho ;) :lol:

Jolley 11-Jan-2012 22:40

Single most important part of the bike!!! ;) but so is every other part!! hahaha! Almost everyone racing in DD last year didn't touch their rear shock. That doesnt mean they were all perfect ;) If it is sprung roughly right and has reasonable damping properties it will be more than up to the job. Personally, I would consider having the shock sprung/valved by someone. Cheaper and more effective than an expensive shock that isn't properly set.

Bionicle 11-Jan-2012 22:56

Just had my shock refurbished and a new spring fitted that suited my weight seems the spring i was using last year was for someone twice my weight, they also found the piston rod was slightly bent possibly from my 2010 Snetterton accident so that was also replaced total cost was £198 money well spent i think.

bradders 11-Jan-2012 22:58

same here, K-TECH are doing the business before WM Snells put it back

Chaz 11-Jan-2012 23:36

Trouble with the ss the ride hight is a bit low & the only way to jack it up is with the shock & the standard one isn't adjustable & to be honest abit basic.

funkatronic 12-Jan-2012 09:59

just had an old very tired and salt corroded ohlins rear shock serviced and replated by MH racing, its like new now

dunlop0_1 12-Jan-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz
Trouble with the ss the ride hight is a bit low & the only way to jack it up is with the shock & the standard one isn't adjustable & to be honest abit basic.

Yep, I can picture now Ghostie's Swing arm extension, very bespoke. ;)

Ghost 12-Jan-2012 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Yep, I can picture now Ghostie's Swing arm extension, very bespoke. ;)

Sch they will allbe doing it. Lol