Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   oh dear oh dear oh dear ... (/showthread.php?t=11458)

Henners 01-Nov-2004 22:58

oh dear oh dear oh dear ...

Just one day after the end of the 2004 MotoGP World Championship, the Ducati Marlboro Team returned to the Valencia circuit to commence its winter testing programme with Loris Capirossi and new signing Carlos Checa.

Checa tried the Desmosedici GP4 for the first time this afternoon, clocking a best lap of 1min 34.0secs. That is 0.3secs faster than his fastest lap from Sunday's season ending Valencia Grand Prix, when he finished 14th on a factory Yamaha M1, but 0.21secs slower than the best race lap by outgoing Ducati rider Troy Bayliss

Rattler 01-Nov-2004 23:10

0.21 secs slower than Bayliss seems pretty damn good for his first outing.

We'll all be cheering him on next year (except maybe the Aussies - Tony!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:)

TP 01-Nov-2004 23:17

Cheering for Checa?

Like F**(*)£$^%)£)(&^£%(^)£)(&£)%^£)$(&*£)*%^!! I will be!!!!!

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by tp-996]

Henners 02-Nov-2004 00:18

Quote:

.. on a clear track, no race pressure, new tyres ... :ninja:

Mark 02-Nov-2004 11:28

Quote:

Originally posted by tp-996
Cheering for Checa?

Like F**(*)£$^%)£)(&^£%(^)£)(&£)%^£)$(&*£)*%^!! I will be!!!!!

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by tp-996]

Dry you're eyes mate, no point being bitter, might as well be murphys!

JPM 02-Nov-2004 11:35

Quote:

Originally posted by Henners
Quote:

.. on a clear track, no race pressure, new tyres ... :ninja:

And with a whole weekends data to boot....

Ian 02-Nov-2004 11:57

well said weeksy. I like Bayliss but as you say he is history now. Seems like perphaps people want Checa to fail before he has turned a wheel in anger.

deej 05-Nov-2004 16:21

Ian, checa will fail sorry i mean fall !!!!!!! no doubt about it, the guy couldnt keep up with valentino in the dry,mind you not many others could either

ducati better have lots of carbon if they also keep xaus in the dantin team

the data will have helped but its not his own data its what the team have which will be different to what he wants, that time was good considering it was first time on a new bike but when you get paid $3.000.000 + p.a. shouldnt you just be able to ride fast and then do it CONSISTENTLY, that will be chuckers main problem

lets wait for 2005 and see what happens

TP 05-Nov-2004 16:44

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
Why we are all making excuses for Bayliss i don't know.... The king is dead, long live the King.....

Get over it chaps, he's gone.... whether you like Checa or think he'll do great is not insignificant.... he's the Factory rider and must be supported as such.

Because he's a legend and Ducati f***ed up by getting rid of him and putting Chubby in.

I'll support who I always support, Ducati and almost any Aussie on a bike.

... but I'll find great amusement in seeing Chubby chuck the Ducati down the road :D

JPM 05-Nov-2004 17:07

Quote:

Originally posted by tp-996
Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
Why we are all making excuses for Bayliss i don't know.... The king is dead, long live the King.....

Get over it chaps, he's gone.... whether you like Checa or think he'll do great is not insignificant.... he's the Factory rider and must be supported as such.

Because he's a legend and Ducati f***ed up by getting rid of him and putting Chubby in.

I'll support who I always support, Ducati and almost any Aussie on a bike.

... but I'll find great amusement in seeing Chubby chuck the Ducati down the road :D

You know it....

I'm with you Tony, cheers for Ducati, cheers for Troy