Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 Code Card (/showthread.php?t=16379)

Trig 14-Apr-2005 14:59

999 Code Card

Hi. I picked up my new import 2004 999 on Saturday. They supplied me with the 2 black keys, 1 red and the small plate which has the key number. I didn't get the the Code Card which is mentioned in the owners manual. The dealer said that I had received everything that came with the bike. Should I have been supplied with the Code Card ?

KeefyB 14-Apr-2005 19:47

Yes!
You need the code card if you ever have to disable the imobiliser.

Trig 14-Apr-2005 22:17

Should it be easy for the dealer to get a replacement card with the correct code?

KeefyB 14-Apr-2005 22:47

I dont know.I think all the cards are unique to the bikes.(for obvious security reasons!)
They are usually cable tied to the frame somewhere while the bike is in the crate.
I would go back to the dealer you bought it from and make sure he does'nt have it kicking about.
Might be worth e-mailing Ducati or DUK.

chrisw 14-Apr-2005 22:50

Key Card

My ST4S was delivered with no key card. Motorcycle City who supplied the bike had mislaid it. I tried in vain to get a replacement from both Ducati UK and Ducati Italy. Fortunately no problems since 2001 requiring the PIN number!

Trig 14-Apr-2005 23:20

You would think they must keep a record and be ok with supplying it to the rightfull owner of the machine. What did Ducati Uk and Ducati Italy tell you, to justify not supplying the code?

Are the keys and the card normally tagged together to the frame? Any particular area?

chrisw 15-Apr-2005 07:57

Basically, that the cards are issued at manufacture to individual machines and that they cannot issue a replacement.

Trig 15-Apr-2005 23:55

The salesman at Taz Motorcycles told me today that he doesn't recall ever supplying a Ducati with a code card and that I am the first to ask for one! All I did was read the owners manual:o

How about this. Has anyone else purchased a Ducati from Taz?

KeefyB 16-Apr-2005 07:07

Quote:

Originally posted by Trig
RedSeb bought his 749S there.
I'll have a word with him when he gets back from his hols.

Trig 16-Apr-2005 23:15

Quote:

Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:

Originally posted by Trig
RedSeb bought his 749S there.
I'll have a word with him when he gets back from his hols.

Thanks, I will be very interested in what he has to say.