Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   BSB Disgust - (Spoiler) (/showthread.php?t=36999)

Iconic944ss 01-Oct-2006 22:41

BSB Disgust - (Spoiler)

nope....not at the result either.

I was rooting for Haslam in both races I must admit and not just because he's on a Ducati. However, the first race had to be stopped for safety reason with Shakey apparently unconcious on the track, it just happened that Kiyo was in the lead.

But, the Booing I heard on the TV when Kiyonari mounted the podium was both childish and plain unsporting. The guy has rode his heart out and deserved to be champion as much as Haslam or Lavilla.

In a way I'm just glad that the double-points scoring didnt alter the outcome.

Frank

Sharpy G 01-Oct-2006 22:44

couldn't agree more, sad for the pocket rocket, but Kiyo was ace, very level headed for a 17 yr old !
got to meet him after the presentations, nice guy

domski 01-Oct-2006 22:48

Yeah, gutted for Leon (not coz he's a Ducati rider - but coz he's English!)

...but Kiyo has done his time and been close previously, he's ridden like a star ever since he arrived in Britain and I think he deserved it - well he definately did, coz he got more points than anyone else!

Can you imagine the pressure on him from HRC as well :o

Congrats Kiyo.

doogalman 02-Oct-2006 06:31

Agree that the booing is out of order, however watching the races on the telly it did seem that the second race was a hollow one. Predetermined result arranged by the other honda riders and Honda. Even mentioned pre second race on the build-up. No honda riders were going to upset Kiyo taking the title. Shades of when Hodgson let Bayliss take the win at Brands previous (can't rermember exactly). Honda dictated that Kiyo should be the winner. So all the yes men said yes.

Twinfan 02-Oct-2006 08:23

I didn't hear the booing on TV, but that's shocking. Kiyo is a genuine nice guy who can ride a bike darn fast. I'm appalled and embarassed.

With regard to the second race, I don't see the problem. Kiyo only needed to finish in the top four so he backed off and let Leon win. Rea will be riding for HM Plant next year, and is currently in a satellite team, so I wouldn't have expected anything other than to backup his future team mate. He fought with Karl towards the end for championship position - I don't think Honda orchestrated that!

Annette 02-Oct-2006 08:40

We didn't hear any booing and we were there in the middle of it all. Strange. There was a lot of cheering and some Japanese flags flying.
The crowd were chanting 'Leon'. That's about it.
In my opinion it wasn't great that both races and the championship were gifted by others misfortunes. But that's racing.
Shakey seems ok but I can't find any news on poor Tommy.
We had a fab couple of days in Ozz's 'royal' box, with great company. Thanks Ozz. Let's hope your friend delivers the goods next year too :-)

stumpy1 02-Oct-2006 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpy G
couldn't agree more, sad for the pocket rocket, but Kiyo was ace, very level headed for a 17 yr old !
got to meet him after the presentations, nice guy

is he really only 17 year olds!

Ozz 02-Oct-2006 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by annette harris
We had a fab couple of days in Ozz's 'royal' box, with great company. Thanks Ozz. Let's hope your friend delivers the goods next year too :-)

Lets hope so!

I did not hear any booing either. Sure it wasn't "Kiyoooooo Kiyoooooo"?

Rattler 02-Oct-2006 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozz
Lets hope so!

I did not hear any booing either. Sure it wasn't "Kiyoooooo Kiyoooooo"?

He had great support as far as we saw - I'll have to take a look at the Sky recording and see if it is KIYOOOOOOO - oh yeh - and he's 23 - so really old!!!

Sharpy G 02-Oct-2006 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler
He had great support as far as we saw - I'll have to take a look at the Sky recording and see if it is KIYOOOOOOO - oh yeh - and he's 23 - so really old!!!

said 17 in the program ?!