Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Oh god, getting the R bug again - HELP (/showthread.php?t=78831)

Martin Dower 17-Mar-2009 14:26

Oh god, getting the R bug again - HELP

Some years ago I decided to upgrade (pah!) my miley 748 biposto to spangly 748R. It was a mistake of the highest order, it was too hard for the road, fuelled too badly to ride anywhere but the Nurbringring and generally I started going off it. it then got nicked so I had an enforced absence for a few months before buying an 03 749s mono, which I love.

Except, I catch myself searching Autotrader for "749R" and I've seen a cracker in East Yorkshire and now I'm struggling to help myself.

What do I do? Is the R much better than the S, will it make me cry? will I kick myself for making the same mistake again? HELP!!!!!!

twpd 17-Mar-2009 15:27

Of course it's better.
Will it make you cry? If a 748R was too hard for you then you're just a bit too gay...obviously. Best go buy a CBR600 imho. ;)

Martin Dower 17-Mar-2009 15:32

Maybe it's time in my life for a Multistrada :(

ak47 17-Mar-2009 15:42

Dower, I'd have thought you were better than that... "it was too hard for the road" tsk tsk....

I agree with Nigel. You might be gay!!

Get it and if you don't get on with it, i'll but it for bugger all.

I hope you are well..... are you down here at all?

Martin Dower 17-Mar-2009 15:47

Bugger off AK. I'm off to see a 08 749R at the weekend...08 plater? On 250 miles. Hmmmm. Sounds odd to me but at a main dealer :o

Down in town a fair bit, sometimes come on the bike...are you thinking beers? Could alos gatecrash the next CityDrinks if you fancy?

MARTIN H 17-Mar-2009 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Dower
Maybe it's time in my life for a Multistrada :(

<<<<<<<< see avatar!!! :)

twpd 17-Mar-2009 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTIN H
<<<<<<<< see avatar!!! :)

....but did you win any races on it?

..that aside, we all know that 2 vlvs and air-cooled is proper hardcore. None of this watercooled rubbish thanks :)

MARTIN H 17-Mar-2009 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by twpd
....but did you win any races on it?

..that aside, we all know that 2 vlvs and air-cooled is proper hardcore. None of this watercooled rubbish thanks :)

Nope but someone else did ;)

ak47 17-Mar-2009 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Dower
Bugger off AK. I'm off to see a 08 749R at the weekend...08 plater? On 250 miles. Hmmmm. Sounds odd to me but at a main dealer :o

Down in town a fair bit, sometimes come on the bike...are you thinking beers? Could alos gatecrash the next CityDrinks if you fancy?

Sounds great Sir. I haven't been on Seloc of yours, ping me when the next City drinks is and we'll catch up!!

SlowLearner 17-Mar-2009 19:12

Where's SHARPEY !!!!