Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Jamie Witham TD's - anyone done one? (/showthread.php?t=16354)

Iconic944ss 13-Apr-2005 22:31

Jamie Witham TD\'s - anyone done one?

Dates for Jamie's TD outfit are starting to look good for me (even if it is £165 for a noisy day !).

Has anyone been to any of their days?

Care to comment???

Cheers - Frank

http://www.speedfreaktrackdays.com/

andyb 13-Apr-2005 22:33

Hmmmmmmmmm, i think lilys your man,.....er person!:o

bradders 13-Apr-2005 23:56

altho they never mentioned the co I think:puzzled: but we got the gist...

FiscusFish 14-Apr-2005 01:00

Did a Silverstone one with 748Mart and Ali last year.

Organisation left more than a little to be desired. Not particularly good value either, especially after missing a session 'cos the lunchtime break got moved around from where it was s'posed to be.

Wouldn't bother doing one of their days again unless it was really cheap.

Darren

Jon 14-Apr-2005 01:02

Doing a quite one this friday

Iconic944ss 14-Apr-2005 01:03

Cheers guys - Jon, feedback via the board or U2U please !

F r a n k o

Jon 14-Apr-2005 01:06

Will do Frank

Rooney 14-Apr-2005 02:01

I have done a few Cadwell trackdays with Speedfreaks and I must say they have been very good.Jamie has been there each time its worth going just to listen at his briefings before you go out. The lads will always help with set up or just taking you round if you have any problems with the track.
Problem this year is he is doing a lot at Donington so the prices have gone up a bit he is also doing more race school type trackdays so there is not so many on track at once.

Lily 14-Apr-2005 10:03

Personal opinion:

Jamie is a top bloke, really nice and very funny.

Speedfreaks....hmmm... As a track day goes they are not bad in my opinion, not a good breifing for a novice, but assuming you are not worried about that then fine. There has always been gossip that their instructors like to go out in most groups and get race practice in. I only saw this a bit and tbh, it didn't bother me, but may bother a novice or first timer.

My reason for not rescommending them is their absolutely appalling customer service. I think they treat their customers badly and I would be tempted to take my issue further if i had the inclination.

It can be hard to avoid doing a day with them if you want DP but personally I wouldn't give them my cash.

Not convinced about the superbike school. As said Jamie is a top bloke and a great rider but not convinced he can get his point over particularly well. If I anted training I would be more inclined to go to CSS.

JPM 14-Apr-2005 11:14

I'd say from all the hassle Lily has had I won't be doing one ever again however cheap!

Customer service is zero, if you book with them make sure you can make it, as you have absolutely no chance of a refund, or a credit note you can use, so say good-bye to your £160

Next time I see the runt know as Shoey he'll be getting a piece of my mind, and maybe my boot... TOSSERS!!

:mad:

Does that give you an idea of how good they are? LOL!!