Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Has any one had problems with Ducati assistant? (/showthread.php?t=15789)

The Big Red One 29-Mar-2005 20:01

Has any one had problems with Ducati assistant?

Ok My bike must go back to Ducati as it has a small oil leak (seals on the rear cyclinder) after winter storage but am unsure to let them take the bike away on AA pick/trailor under the Ducati assist thing. Has any one used it or ever had a bike damaged? Please advise me on what i should do? The local dealer is about 60 miles away. :(

adam 29-Mar-2005 20:03

Get a mate with a van to get it there. Piece of mind.

Real McCoy 29-Mar-2005 20:09

Ducati Leeds will pick it up for you if you live near, if it gets damaged its their pidgeon :eureka:

The Big Red One 29-Mar-2005 20:28

Bristol don't collect

Wylie1 30-Mar-2005 12:26

My bike had to be returned to the dealer on the back of an AA lorry (via Ducati Assist). The guy took a lot of care whilst loading & it was very secure. No problems at all.

Twinfan 30-Mar-2005 12:28

They use local breakdown garages and most of them have picked up bikes before. I wouldn't see it as a problem.

Make sure you have the right phone number though. It took me ages to get my bike picked up after my accident as the number in my paperwork was wrong. I had to get the correct one off my dealer.

centurysup 30-Mar-2005 12:49

I've had to use Ducati Assistance twice. First time an AA van arrived, second time it was a local bike garage. No problem either time, both took excellent care of my bike.

guest1 30-Mar-2005 15:12

I now have an invite to the AA staff dance.
All the times mine has been "assisted" the AA man has been very careful and you'll probably find that most of 'em carry their own "buffers" or bits of foam for packing betwen straps and possible contact points.

Red Steve 30-Mar-2005 16:34

Used them a few weeks after delivery of my ST3. Dead battery.

AA came out in under 45 minutes with a van. Top service.

Mr C 30-Mar-2005 17:31

The AA were careful with mine, You cant wrap them in Cotton wool