Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   High Vis causing much anger (/showthread.php?t=85403)

smilo006 11-Jan-2012 10:42

High Vis causing much anger

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ussThisSection

Ducati will start producing bright green bikes unless something is done.
Best way round this is to buy a Kawasaki.

antonye 11-Jan-2012 12:27

Yes, it's a pretty pathetic law, targetting the wrong end of the problem; but what more did you expect from the EU? ;)

What is more surprising is that only 2,700 people have signed the petition!! :o

If you haven't done so yet, you can do it here:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/26931

I've just signed it - who else has?

antonye 11-Jan-2012 12:37

LOL! Just reading through some of the comments on that MCN article and this is comedy gold:

Quote:

I think I'll get some stickers made up for my leathers. I think a nice RAF roundel and a SPITFIRE should do nicely. Just to remind the French why German isn't their first language.....

smilo006 11-Jan-2012 12:39

it's mostly humourous and as usual we have to mention the war. However he is right of course!!!

MJS 11-Jan-2012 12:40

150 square centimeteres????

less than 5" x 5" ???

So that's going to make a massive difference visibility isn't it???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

smilo006 11-Jan-2012 12:45

however you just know that any and every foreign biker will get stopped and fined.
And given the way London cyclists are light up like Christmas trees, humps, all sorts of lights, high vis, reflectors etc (which is good) they still get mown down by old gits, Penelope in her Chelsea Tractor and van man in their hundreds.

MJS 11-Jan-2012 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilo006
however you just know that any and every foreign biker will get stopped and fined.
And given the way London cyclists are light up like Christmas trees, humps, all sorts of lights, high vis, reflectors etc (which is good) they still get mown down by old gits, Penelope in her Chelsea Tractor and van man in their hundreds.

I take it you're not in favour then?? :lol: :frog: :lol: :frog:

smilo006 14-Jan-2012 17:49

It is almost like politicians sitting around a table with nothing to do.
Make a great comedy sketch.
Someone mentions ets hep riders Smene says I like reflective material and so on and immediately it takes on a life of its own.
It is apparently ensure riders who are in the road off their bikes at night can be seen. 125s exempt. Failure to do so is punishable by a fine (no surprise).
It is just that why not make it refective instead of dayglow?
How many riders get killed at night by cars running them over?
I love the French though.
They could it it on GB passorts that way you would always know where it was and wear it with pride.