Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Bungeeing Stuff to a Mono Seat - How? (/showthread.php?t=79709)

zhed44 10-Jun-2009 20:55

Bungeeing Stuff to a Mono Seat - How?

I've recently stopped using a rucksack for my commute and therefore I've been bungeeing my bag (a rectangular leather holdall - a bit like a small squashy suitcase) to the tailpiece. However, no matter what way I do it, it doesn't seem very safe because it looks like the bag might eventually work its way off the back end.

Any tips?

I imagine some people will suggest fitting a Ventura rack to brace it against. TBH, I'd rather not get a Ventura because I don't go to work on the Ducati all that often (I have a Hornet for such day to day donkey-work) and so it's not really worth the expense or the effect on the aesthetics.

Thanks. :)

KeefyB 11-Jun-2009 09:25

This what you need;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLANKET-NON-SL...742.m153.l1262

WeeJohnyB 11-Jun-2009 10:32

that's the stuff. Guido used to use it, protects your paint and stops things sliding, add a couple of bungees and you're done.

Your other option is a magnetic tank bag, simple on and off although I personlly don't like things on the tank as my little arms can't reach the bars

WeeJohnyB

antonye 11-Jun-2009 10:48

£8.99! :o :o
You can buy that stuff in the pound shop!

NBs996 11-Jun-2009 13:25

B&Q flog that stuff.
About 2m² for less than a tenner.

zhed44 11-Jun-2009 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
£8.99! :o :o
You can buy that stuff in the pound shop!

The problem is that parking near my local pound shop costs £7.99. :(

Anyway, I had already, independently, hit on the idea of cutting a bit off an old rubber car mat, but these suggestions have merely confirmed it was not such a daft idea after all.

Please keep the ideas coming.

Cheers! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB

Your other option is a magnetic tank bag, simple on and off although I personlly don't like things on the tank as my little arms can't reach the bars

WeeJohnyB

Unfortunately I can't use a tank bag because it's not just a case of carrying the gear (which in any case wouldn't fit in a tank bag) - I also need the bag itself. My job requires that I adhere to certain conventions with respect to personal attire and accessories, and carrying a tank bag instead of a battered brown leather case would be frowned upon, to say the least. :lol: