Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Sport Touring Model (/showthread.php?t=78889)

YMFB 22-Mar-2009 20:04

Sport Touring Model

so all you folk in the know, when can we ST riders expect the replacement from Ducati ? Im sure I read in MCN originally that it would be out last November but obviously that was wrong.

Will it have a 1198 engine ?

Loz ST2 22-Mar-2009 20:16

Agreed it's long over due. Come on Ducati.

YMFB 22-Mar-2009 20:19

there was another article in MCN and it looks llike its in the later stages of testing but yes hurry up. I want one in red

Monty 23-Mar-2009 08:53

I am reliably informed that the replacement for the ST will be the new 1098 Multistrada thingy which you will have seen spy shots and even a computer generated image of in MCN. It will be launched at Milan this year, shown at the NEC and available for sale some time early next year-2010.

Oh and the first one in is..................MINE!

YMFB 27-Mar-2009 15:50

I did put my name down for a test ride at Snells before lasts years Milan show, maybe I should go to Milan and see it.....

John W 02-Apr-2009 13:16

Asked at Snells yesterday, and was told they beleive there is something in the pipeline, and is expected to be shown this year for delivery early next year.

I hope its not a multistrada - I want something like the facelifted 4s, but with the testastretta engine.

If it doesn't arrive this year, I may just have to jump ship back to a - a - a - VFR (oh heaven help me - NURSE !!)
According to Motoselect they are expecting the vfr1000 to be released this year, also for delivery early next year.

YMFB 02-Apr-2009 17:07

me too, that is hoping its not a Multistrada not considering a VFR

keith_mann1959 06-Apr-2009 14:53

Or how about a version of the sedici V4 in touring guise.

I so want a replacement for the ST4S, and for it to be unlike a multi strada.
Hears hoping

Mad Dog Bianchi 07-Apr-2009 02:58

A real nice tourer building on the (many) better points of the ST4 and using a more modern engine tuned for (sports) touring would be a much better addition to the genre than a passionless new Multistrada. Better electrics, compact usable satnave, capable electrical out puts, hands free cell phone input, no roasted thighs, couple more storage areas, quicker transformation from baggage to baggageless, HID and LED lighting, improved seating, etc. What an opportunity they have to do this right. Might even think about trading in my lovely ST4

YMFB 07-Apr-2009 16:43

everything said above plus

Ohlins rear suspension with the remotely adjustable valve.

Red

Alloy swinging arm

Scott oiler