Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   New toy, new friends? (/showthread.php?t=11187)

RightSaidFred 19-Oct-2004 20:59

New toy, new friends?

Hello peeps...i'm a new member of your message board and the 'Ducatisti' having just acquired a nice 888. I've posted a couple of pics, she is a normal BP although the white number plate was added by the previous owner in sticky white vinyl. Looks Sp but can easily be converted back. She has a bit of carbon here and there, plus I picked up a new ohlins rear shock, brembo radial brake master cyl., and to put you ALL out of your misery, those Ohlins forks from ebay last week, heheh. As far as I know, they came from a 888 SP4 which Baines broke, the yokes have the limited edition SP badge number 034 on the top. Anyway enjoy the pics and hope to make a few friends...by the way, does anyone have or know where I can get a some rearsets? Cheers...Freddie.

webbyc 19-Oct-2004 21:03

Nice machine. Where are you from? Oh and welcome aboard!!!

Redsps 19-Oct-2004 21:16

nice to see you on the board freddie.
nice bike, another duke owner with class;);)
answer to your questions.
rearsets are a very hard to come by article, not many around for 888's even less for 851's

one small sugestion though freddie to enhance that 888, swap those pipes for some proper carbon termi jobbies, it will make all the difference.

if you get bored with them ohlins forks, I'll take em off your hands:D:D

Enjoy the ride, as they say.

cheers
Robin

[Edited on 19-10-2004 by Red SPS]

ali 19-Oct-2004 21:26

Welcome on board Freddie. Take care of the little red devil, and join us at the bar (virtual or otherwise) for a beer or three.:)

Cheers,

Ali

Nattyboy 19-Oct-2004 21:32

Hello mate, and welcome to the wonderful world that is 888 ownership :D:D:D (youll soon see were a bit keen in this section!!)

Cheers
Nat

paulmort 19-Oct-2004 21:39

Welcome Freddie
888 looks real brill
Mines a virtual pint of pedigree thanks
Where are you from m8?
bestest
mort

sparkin 19-Oct-2004 22:26

Hello mate,and welcome to our mad world:lol:like Natty says we`re a bit keen in this bit.I believe you`re quite local to me:) `cos I`ve seen that bike in Veloce M/Cs a month or so ago,did look nice,but the owner wasn`t there.If you are local click on the link below,he`s your man for `51s and T8`s.

Redruth 19-Oct-2004 22:43

Superb - too clean of course. Take it out in *****ty weather to get it looking a bit more authentic, is my advice :D

If you live near Sparkin, you have to join the ride-outs with him, Fordie, Jools, KeefyB et al. There's a Christmas Dinner at Grafham Water too, if that's your area. 12th December. Anyway. Welcome to the DSC (alternative name - Dirty Scummy and Clean Club) :lol::devil::devil:

weeveetwin 19-Oct-2004 23:49

Not another 888! Gettin' to be common as muck. Think I'm gonna have to sell mine (ahem!)

Welcome!

sparkin 20-Oct-2004 00:08

Quote:

Originally posted by weeveetwin
Not another 888! Gettin' to be common as muck. Think I'm gonna have to sell mine (ahem!)

Welcome!

Yeah right,Seeing is believing:D