Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Any thoughts on 2006? (/showthread.php?t=17337)

phoenix n max 08-May-2005 22:42

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
It would stop me talking about minitwins though

Pah - race a Sluiceooki over a Ducati ? :o

TP 08-May-2005 22:43

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix n max
Quote:

Originally posted by TP

Nup - race an 800SS against the Sluiceooki's

New rules allow air-cooled bikes up to 820cc to run in minitwins.

domski 08-May-2005 22:44

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Originally posted by domskidue
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I nearly fell off my chair then ;):D

Did you break anything?

:frog:

Wind!! :o:saint:

phoenix n max 08-May-2005 22:45

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix n max
Quote:

Originally posted by TP

Nup - race an 800SS against the Sluiceooki's

New rules allow air-cooled bikes up to 820cc to run in minitwins.

Thats more like it :)

skidlids 08-May-2005 22:53

So how much would a Ducati 750ie cost, got to be cheaper than the newer 800's and could still be a cheap laugh in Mini twins. Would the 750ie engine be a straight swap with a 620

Loz 08-May-2005 22:58

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids
So how much would a Ducati 750ie cost, got to be cheaper than the newer 800's and could still be a cheap laugh in Mini twins. Would the 750ie engine be a straight swap with a 620

Hi Kev
You can have my Y-plate 750Sport for £3000, but you're not allowed to look at it first (or know the mileage)!
:lol:
I believe the engine is a straight swap with the 620.

TP 08-May-2005 22:59

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids

NFI mate, haven't looked into it.

I was looking at buying a M800 or something. The ohlins shock I bought will fit the M800 but not the S2R so could be a plan for me if I went that way.

If there was a 748 DSC Desmo Quattro series I'd be keen on that I think.

Given the amount of spares around and fairings etc for these bikes I can't see how they would be much more expensive than a 900SS/monster series.

Obviously I acknowledge that my knowledge in this area isn't my strongest point so can anyone plump up some rough numbers that would show the 748 series being more expensive? Ali?

Monty 08-May-2005 23:00

Ok, some thought behind the series we have NOW.
We thought of 748's-bit expensive, not to buy but to maintain so not really an entry level bike.
The original DesmoDue idea was to use 750's-which got changed since they are conparatively rare.
I wanted 900's since there are loads of them about-but got outvoted since they are faster and heavier so as Ali said-more highsides.
So we settled on 600's and apart from the 583-620 debate it looks pretty good don't you think-was certainly a big topic of conversation at Donnington today.

John

AK 08-May-2005 23:01

the 620's use the part of the 750 engine Kev, thats why they are miles away from the 600's in bhp/power

Regrettably, the M750ie was only sold in the UK from Nov 2001 to July 2002, (any after that were 'old stock' bikes, pre 800ie launched in the late autumn 2002, which in turn was discontinued for the S2R launched last year) so they are quite a limited bike - like the M800ie's, tho I dont know about the 'ss's.

C

TP 08-May-2005 23:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Monty
Ok, some thought behind the series we have NOW.
We thought of 748's-bit expensive, not to buy but to maintain so not really an entry level bike.
The original DesmoDue idea was to use 750's-which got changed since they are conparatively rare.
I wanted 900's since there are loads of them about-but got outvoted since they are faster and heavier so as Ali said-more highsides.
So we settled on 600's and apart from the 583-620 debate it looks pretty good don't you think-was certainly a big topic of conversation at Donnington today.

John

What was the talk about today Monty?

I hasten to add that I would see any new series as being an addition to the current Desmo Due series.