Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Replacing Speedo Glass (/showthread.php?t=11592)

Albie 08-Nov-2004 13:52

Replacing Speedo Glass

Has anyone ever changed the glass in a speedo before. Is it possible? Got double crack where freebie neckstrap flicked in the wind and the plastic joint whacked the glass. It is a 1997 model .

yeti 08-Nov-2004 13:55

That sounds like a tough one Albie. As far as I can remember the monster speedo's like most in the range are sealed at manufacture, ask anyone who has tried to fit an MPH sticker over a KPH speedo.

However - I do believe they can be opened up by cutting the top off then glueing it back on again. No doubt someone will be along in a moment to tell you how to do this properly.

AK 08-Nov-2004 14:08

Albie- they are sealed at manufacture mate:(

AK dismantled his one on the monster - and you know he has never got it to seal properly since.

Best of luck

C

nelly 08-Nov-2004 15:01

Yep. Sealed from new. You can cut and replace when you change the dial as mentioned, but when you do that you cut about 10mm down from the bezel that that the glass is mounted in.
To get the glass out, you'd more than likely destroy the bezel. If it's really getting to you, give it a try. Nothing to lose and all that.
If you can live with it, then I'd leave it.

Albie 08-Nov-2004 16:36

Thanks peeps. Will have a go when I know shes going off the road when the frame gets resprayed. If not anyone know of secondhand speedos. Plz :(:(

moto748 08-Nov-2004 16:51

There's always plenty of 2nd-hand speedos on Ebay.