Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   CC (/showthread.php?t=18334)

Tonio600 06-Jun-2005 09:45

CC

Good points of the WE:

- I didn't crash.
- Chris Bushell teached me how to change the brake discs (thanks so much Chris)
- I met Jen (Desmojen) and Lee from Lyneham, very very nice guys, thanks for the help also.

Bad points of the WE:

- My bike didn't brake in race 1 (thanks to my first crash in Cadwell).
- After changing the discs, my bike doesn't brake at all and the vibrations didn't allow me to race in race 2.
- Next time I'll try to get to the meeting earlier and to camp in the DSC paddock instead of the Cart paddock...
- Bath under the rain is not so beautiful.

It was not a very good weekend, but it could have been a lot worst. I may not race at Snetterton, the budget is not here and it could permit me to prep a better bike for the next meeting. Was good to see you.

Tonio.

PS: Ian I don't forget you, I'll refund you next time we meet.

AK 06-Jun-2005 09:57

Oh Tonio - I wondered where you were in the 2nd race, as didnt see you on the grid:(

Alan said if you need help in getting the bike sorted for Snett, do give him a call & he can see what he can do for you

C:)

Tonio600 06-Jun-2005 10:14

Hi Charlotte,

I think my 2 sets of discs are warped (or at least one disc in each set is warped). I'll make some tests with other pads... but if it doesn't change anything I don't think I am going to buy some new ones now. Help would be very much appreciated, I'll let you know. Cheers, Tonio.

AK 06-Jun-2005 10:17

Tonio - bring the bike to the barbee this saturday (we are 4 miles from junction 10 of the M25/7 miles from Jct 11)) there will be lots of 'spanner men' to assist:o

Otherwise Al is around for the next 10 days or so:) (except Thurs, as off to mallory for trackday)

ali 06-Jun-2005 10:21

Tonio,

Let us know what you need to race at Snet and I'm sure we can find the necessary bits. You can borrow the discs off my 900 if needs be (they're definitely straight), and I may have some of the other spares you need. Give me a call on 07748 687348 if I can help.

Cheers,

Ali

tetol 06-Jun-2005 11:35

tonio i have a set of discs that might be of use to you let me know i can drop them to you this week if you like

Tonio600 06-Jun-2005 16:29

Hi guys,

thanks all for your help. It's great.
First I'm going to bring my bike to Chris, who proposed me to check my discs with a tool with a very complex name. And then if they're really warped (what I definitely think, but the problem may also come from the pads... or me) I'll come back to you.

Cheers,
Tonio

phoenix n max 06-Jun-2005 17:11

Ahh thats why I didn't see you - Hope you get it all sorted quickly :)

the old man 08-Jun-2005 00:25

Tonio - you can have the 5 litres of petrol you twit, there's no need to pay me back.

I've a pair of 996 discs; trouble is one of them (but I don't know which one!) is warped so I guess not a lot of help.

Hope the technical posse get you sorted and maybe see you at Brands next month.

AK 08-Jun-2005 12:30

any news yet Tonio?

Alan has got one spare disc if you want to borrow it:)