Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Entry forms and tyres ???? (/showthread.php?t=83715)

dunlop0_1 17-Jan-2011 16:31

Entry forms and tyres ????

8 weeks to go and still no sign of entry forms or tyres.

Can we have an update please?

numbskull 17-Jan-2011 18:35

I assume that we can still run the old tyres for the first 3 rounds, the same as last year?

Jolley 17-Jan-2011 18:59

I'm sure Kev will be along in a bit. I was speaking to (someone) today and they were talking to (someone else) this morning, and the first someone is just waiting for the final "yes" before ordering 30+ pairs of tyres.

Kev said (and I am sure he won't mind me saying this) that the plan was to have the control tyres (whatever the final decision is, although hopefully it won't be a surprise!) available at the test day on 20th Feb.

numbskull 17-Jan-2011 19:01

What happens if i'm not as the test day?

Jolley 17-Jan-2011 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull
What happens if i'm not as the test day?

I am fairly sure they will be posting them out to anyone that can't make it. Of course, I could always pick them up for you.... I won't tamper with them or anything. Honest!!

Senna3 17-Jan-2011 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull
I assume that we can still run the old tyres for the first 3 rounds, the same as last year?

Sorry you wont be able to run last years tyres the clue is in the name if its a dunlop series you wont be able to run pirelli tyres :D

Jolley 17-Jan-2011 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna3
Sorry you wont be able to run last years tyres the clue is in the name if its a dunlop series you wont be able to run pirelli tyres :D

Although we don't officially know that yet ;)

Senna3 17-Jan-2011 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
Although we don't officially know that yet ;)

i did say if ;)

dunlop0_1 17-Jan-2011 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
I'm sure Kev will be along in a bit. I was speaking to (someone) today and they were talking to (someone else) this morning, and the first someone is just waiting for the final "yes" before ordering 30+ pairs of tyres.

Kev said (and I am sure he won't mind me saying this) that the plan was to have the control tyres (whatever the final decision is, although hopefully it won't be a surprise!) available at the test day on 20th Feb.

I hope it's a lot more than 30+ Ron. I want two sets and with 37 starters on the Brands grid last year I think demand will possibly outstrip supply very quickly.
As regards The 20th Feb test day. Well not all of us can make that so I was sort of hoping the tyre issue would have been sorted out way before then so they could be tested out at earlier trackdays. :mad:

Senna3 17-Jan-2011 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
I hope it's a lot more than 30+ Ron. I want two sets and with 37 starters on the Brands grid last year I think demand will possibly outstrip supply very quickly.
As regards The 20th Feb test day. Well not all of us can make that so I was sort of hoping the tyre issue would have been sorted out way before then so they could be tested out at earlier trackdays. :mad:

read post before jumping gun kev wil be getting tyres for people who wont to get them off him not have to mark will be suppliying the tyres so you can get them from him direct posted or collect from feb 4th kev will be sending out email tomorrow :)