Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Croft 7th April (/showthread.php?t=15997)

Ray 04-Apr-2005 14:00

Croft 7th April

Anyone else going? was on special offer with 100pc £79 not sure what the price is now?

Ray.

Old Yella 04-Apr-2005 18:12

Not going to make this one Ray, I have an engine rebuild to do!

Well miffed as its a circuit I like a lot and have not managed it yet this year.

If I can get off work for an hour or two I might nip up though.

Is Martin going too?

Ray 05-Apr-2005 16:11

OY,

I have heard nothing from MM, he's had all the same mails as everyone else so he certainly knows its on.

His new bike isn't run in yet as far as I know.

A mate is going on his trackday only R1 and thinks I ought to have go on it, I'm not so sure as it spits him off now and again and you have to sit on the tank to keep the front wheel on the ground.:o:o

Ray

Felix 05-Apr-2005 17:34

Going by others, the bumps at Croft are too kind to the R1, unless it's been seriously revised chassis wise. Just remember not to grip the bars too tight and close your eyes, Ray.;)

Ray 08-Apr-2005 13:35

Reasonable day at Croft, three dry sessions and the rest were "mixed". a few bursts of hail stones added to the fun!!

Luckily didn't get to have a go on my mates R1!! he wasn't so keen as a Ducati wasn't on offer as a swap!!

A 748 was having a locking front brake problem, the perceived wisdom being that it was the lever causing the problem. Part bought of E-bay but no sure way of knowing it was a genuine lever.

Back there again later in the month.

Ray.

[Edited on 8-4-2005 by Ray]

Old Yella 08-Apr-2005 14:26

Ray
Sorry I could not get up there to offer support, and somewhere warm and dry to sit in the car, air conditionings great when its cold ;)

Glad you made it in one piece and I take it the R went well?
Thoguht you were going on the CBR?
Texted you a couple of days ago but it never delivered?
You changed your number or has Tony Robinson and "The Time Team" taken it as one of their "Relics found in North Yorkshire" displays? :lol:

Ray 08-Apr-2005 16:11

OY,

Just edited post Ducati wasn't on offer to swap for R1!!!
Went on the CBR, for the first time the centre of tyre has some life left but the edges have gone!!

I will crank up my mobile telecommunications device as soon as I can find the handle.

Ray

Felix 08-Apr-2005 16:14

If you can't find the handle, Ray, I've got a coal fired model I could let you have. :lol: