Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Stolen Bikes (/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Not a stolen bike but.......... what the f**k! (/showthread.php?t=1727)

ducatimad 15-Jul-2003 10:11

Not a stolen bike but.......... what the f**k!

Erm............

OK, so there's an immac. 2002 748S parked up outside the paddock entrance at Donny.

You're a thieving b@stard scrote, what will you nick?

The bike, nah
The pannels, nah again.

So what then? I know, the gear lever rubber, the little rubber slide in bit that sits at the bottom of the rear light and the seat lock. Yeh, thats it, nick them!!

Now not that I'd rather the shites took anything more expensive to replace but why, why why these bits???

Any suggestions welcome.:mad::mad::mad:

DJ Tera 15-Jul-2003 10:18

Probably cos they know it would take months to get em from Italy :lol:

sevenfourate 15-Jul-2003 10:21

I may be able to beat that.Last year at WSB at brands some fookin plantpot decided to nick my footpegs.

Handy.Cheers.Pratt.

Syer.

Aotearoa 15-Jul-2003 14:08

...Because mate the world is basically FULL of arse bandits....do they get punished ..not on your life they would rather give a speeding ticket or parking fine ...Why...cause they know us law abiding ( well generally ) people will pay up with out to much noise...where as the thieves squeal , winge ,cry like the babies they are then try and sue for brutality cause they bruised there d"£k in someone's arse and after all this they have to feed and house them !!....reckon should do like the Arab's and chop of the offending hand!!!!!!!

Syer ...ya bloody Foot pegs!!!!!...chop off an hand and foot for that one ...must have been an uncomfortable ride home!
:mad:

sevenfourate 15-Jul-2003 18:35

Aetearoa,
Yep and i got three points on the way home from Donnington this year.Easy white collar middle class prey i guess as you say.Policeman said "we even make it easy to pay using plastic now !!!!".Yeh,bet you do.

At Brands they looked like they had tried to nick my exhaust,scratched it to fook,given up and nicked the pegs instead.Not a great ride home (130 miles).

Chin up.

Regards Syer.

ducatimad 15-Jul-2003 18:49

And the good news is................

Well there aint any!!

New seat lock £20 but that means 2 keys, replace the three locks, a snip at just shy of £160.

OK the rubbers are cheap, s'pose thats good news. Who's up for a vigilante group? Lets get the b@stards, we could start with the git that nicked Keefyboys bike!:mad::mad:

NickH 15-Jul-2003 23:52

Mine didn't have a seat lock when I bought it, the dealer ordered me one & sent it when it came in. I didn't fit it for 8 months and don't use it, I know that I can reach up under the seat and pull the cable to release the seat. It easier & quicker than getting the key out!

KeefyB 16-Jul-2003 06:18

These thieving gits know that the little bits like locks and rubbers are expensive for what they are and sometime difficult to get hold of.
Some years ago,a mate had a few of his fairing screws taken at Donington.He did,nt notice untill he got up to speed and the fairing started flapping.The screws were a stupid price and the plastic washers that went behind them,even more expensive.We bodged it together with some galvanised roofing bolts.:o

madmav 11-Dec-2003 19:49

loads of gaffa tape and very deep water oh and lead wait's lots of them mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool: drowned the *******s:lol:

Guido 12-Dec-2003 10:50

Re. Vigilante's.

I reckon you'd have more volunteers for that role than attended the anti-Bush demo's this year if:

You could catch the scum.....or knew who they were/where they lived.

Only way I see is like those fellas from Newcastle did where they 'entrapped' scuzzers by leaving bikes in vulnerable spots, parked up their blacked-out van 10 feet away, dragged the scum into the van and beat he living **** out of them before dumping them in the middle of nowhere.

Unless you're gonna sit by your bike whenever you go somewhere like Brands WSB, then I think it's a risk we take as prestige bike owners.

Ducatimad, I agree with Keefy in that they probably knicked those bits out of spite just to pish you off cos the zorts were too fiddly.

The day someone launches a self sustaining 30,000 volts transformer that can be discretely hidden behind the 74x/99x panels is the day I'll be happy that justice might just be done (or the day you're allowed to tie a starving lion to your bike).

Any engineers out there want to take the task on...???:(

antonye 12-Dec-2003 11:47

How about just getting one off the internet instead? :D

Desmondo 12-Dec-2003 13:10

I had the tax disc nicked off mine a few years ago at Brands. And I was parked up in the paddock.

everton 12-Dec-2003 13:32

Antony,

Quote:

How about just getting one off the internet instead?

I really do worry at what you find on the internet sometimes

I'll take 2!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mark853 12-Dec-2003 19:50

I had my tax disc nicked from Matlock, why!!!

Had to go to the trouble of claiming for a replacement disc and purchase a new disc holder. I don't leave it on the bike any more.

Stab em kill em burn em.:mad:

Monty 12-Feb-2004 16:57

Guido, mate of mine did that about 35 years ago, got fed up with local kids/scroats bending the aerial on his old MK11 Jag. Wired up a trembla coil to an ignition coil and all the external metal bits, anyone touched his car got 40,000 volts up their arm. Local copper told him to remove it otherwise he would have to nick him, said it could give some old lady a heart attack if she touched it. In South Africa they have "anti hijack" devices that fire flames out from under the car doors-now there's an idea.:devil:

John

yeti 19-Oct-2004 14:29

Sombody nicked the gaffer tape I was using to hold my seat together on an old Gazooki back in the 70's!

Steve B 03-Nov-2004 20:34

it's just incredible what some idiots will nick, I had a pair of valve caps nicked from the bike park at Oliver's Mount a couple of years ago.
more recently a range rover driver attacked me and my 916, its a write off so if the insurance ever gets sorted, I may have some of those silly, easily nicked bits for sale.

TP 03-Nov-2004 20:40

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve B
it's just incredible what some idiots will nick, I had a pair of valve caps nicked from the bike park at Oliver's Mount a couple of years ago.
more recently a range rover driver attacked me and my 916, its a write off so if the insurance ever gets sorted, I may have some of those silly, easily nicked bits for sale.

Err, attacked you?

How so, what happened?

Steve B 06-Nov-2004 00:40

was in a line of traffic, the cars in front slowed down, I slowed down, range rover behind had a brainfade moment, (haven't we all) and ran into the back of me. so subject to a satisfactory result from the solicitors and insurance, I may end up with that rarest of beasts - a written off motorcycle with a perfect front end! If they confirm it as a Cat C it can be returned to the road after repair and an inspection. But breaking it will be the most likely option. will keep you posted.

clockwork orange 06-Nov-2004 09:12

Quote:

Originally posted by Monty
Guido, mate of mine did that about 35 years ago, got fed up with local kids/scroats bending the aerial on his old MK11 Jag. Wired up a trembla coil to an ignition coil and all the external metal bits, anyone touched his car got 40,000 volts up their arm. Local copper told him to remove it otherwise he would have to nick him, said it could give some old lady a heart attack if she touched it. In South Africa they have "anti hijack" devices that fire flames out from under the car doors-now there's an idea.:devil:

John

And the flame thrower is legal - the chief of police has one!!!
Now I need one for my van some little Bleep Bleeps trashed it and nicked my tools the other night:flame:

marksduc748 06-Nov-2004 18:48

you mean you really drive that thing around???? :lol: glad its not yellow! or it would be a right lemon..

Dementor 06-Nov-2004 19:14

Quote:

Originally posted by clockwork orange
Quote:

Originally posted by Monty

John

And the flame thrower is legal - the chief of police has one!!!
Now I need one for my van some little Bleep Bleeps trashed it and nicked my tools the other night:flame:

Sorry to hear about the break in Karen, reckon you should fit one of those flame throwers to your van and roast the scrotts:mad:

Here's a new Avatar for you:D

Simon Reed 06-Nov-2004 20:28

They nicked my zoose fastners,& carbon heatshield @ Donnington !
thing is guyz,it's a fellow ducati rider !! as they'll only fit them,bikes !!!

All thieves should be burned !!!!

:flame::mad:

rockhopper 06-Nov-2004 21:04

Not necessarily, bet they turned up on ebay a few weeks later..

Mad Dog Bianchi 10-Dec-2004 07:50

Donnington, Brands Hatch....gee guys, you should ride up as a group, select one member as a designated guard, have him stay out of site but in site of the group bikes, and give him a two-way so he can call in the cavalry when one of those scrogs starts to meddle with a bike. Either that or have Ducati provide a Duck only parking spot with a couple of roving guards not too shy to ask questions like "do you have the key to this Monster", "Can you show me your registration" of anyone who comes in to the area during the race. Then he can call the cavalry.
Luckily, I live in Japan where the theft problem is nowhere near as bad as it is in Europe or the States. In NYC you have to carry a chain and lock assembly that weighs as much as the MTB you want to protect!

Dunks 05-Jan-2005 23:37

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark853

Had to go to the trouble of claiming for a replacement disc and purchase a new disc holder. I don't leave it on the bike any more.

I had my disc nicked too.. I think it was in the Bristol area.. not exactly sure. B*stards.... :flame:

Loz 05-Jan-2005 23:42

I got on my bike after work one evening and found the tax disc holder stalk had been nearly broken in two. The security hex bolts prevented the lowlifes from simply stealing the disc, so they thought they'd break it off. Must have been interrupted in their efforts.
Are you allowed to use a holder made out of something like cadmium? That way they get a nice dose of heavy metal poisoning for their efforts!