Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 seat? have you? (/showthread.php?t=37585)

pedro 14-Oct-2006 07:16

999 seat? have you?

when i was a pro v twins they has a number of 749/999 with seats that were modified,they were all had extra padding /foam,they reacon it will transform you on the bike,anyone got one,tried one?

KeefyB 14-Oct-2006 07:37

Andy B has one.I think Glyn did the upholstery.

Mello-Yellow 14-Oct-2006 09:49

i saw them to, did you sit on one of them to see the difference it made over the std seat.

pedro 14-Oct-2006 12:27

i did sit on one,felt much more higher with weight over the front & locked into tank.anyone on here do this mod?

Loz 14-Oct-2006 12:30

I may be doing this soon, Pedro. I'll let you know if/when I do.

pedro 14-Oct-2006 12:35

the seat pad is complety different from the standard stuff,not just a bit of extra under the standard seat pad,so who does this mod?

Loz 14-Oct-2006 12:45

I will be having a look at a modded seat pad in the next few weeks, but don't have any details of who made it and how, as yet. I am told that it is taller than the standard pad, so I thought it might be relevant to your query.

Oh. Having re-read your original post, I don't know that it is the same as the ones you saw at Pro V Twins, so what I end up with may be irrelevant to you.

I'll get me coat! :)

Gizmo 14-Oct-2006 18:30

I can't see how a raised pad can make a difference that can't be achieved by lowering the bars. What does make a difference is the pad at the back of the seat which controls how far back you can slide,most people prefer weight forward on 749/999 hence everyone slides the tank seat unit forward but if you end up slowly moving back on the seat you've negated that. On my old SP2 Honda I had a big bit of foam stuck to the seat just to keep me forward . The stock mono seat on a 999 isn't easy to modify but you probably could try sticking a bigger pad in and testing it.

pedro 14-Oct-2006 18:48

i wish yellow-mellow could get get a photo? hes seen these items also,i only sat on one.im surprised no one on here hasnt had one from them? they are a light grey in colour.

KeefyB 14-Oct-2006 19:10

Where's Andy B?
Typical bloody copper,...never around when you need one!;) :lol: :lol:

He had a piccy of a 999 race seat pad,....think it may have been one of Pro V Twins race bike??