Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Question for those with Brands knowledge (/showthread.php?t=21302)

yeti 30-Aug-2005 14:46

Question for those with Brands knowledge

Am coming down for TA5 at Brands. Anyone know if there enough room on the grass OUTSIDE the circuit for me to pull up with the caravan the night before?

Can't camp inside anymore now that Gruppenfuhrer Palmer has decreed we are unworthy.

TP 30-Aug-2005 14:49

There is space at the entrance, off the road, on grass for a caravan. I assume it would be ok.

phil_h 30-Aug-2005 14:54

Hmmm, there are bylaws in all the counties of england that specifically prohibit what you are talking about.
Especially in high profile places like the a20 just outside west kingsdown.
I think you'll get a knock on the window very very quickly.
Surely there's a small campsite nearby ?

dickieducati 30-Aug-2005 15:00

Quote:

Originally posted by phil_h
Hmmm, there are bylaws in all the counties of england that specifically prohibit what you are talking about.
Especially in high profile places like the a20 just outside west kingsdown.
I think you'll get a knock on the window very very quickly.
Surely there's a small campsite nearby ?

oh i dont know,

all the pikeys that contribute nothing to this country, ruin the countryside, nick stuff and interbreed seem to get away with it.

just mutter something about human rights, persecution on grounds of something or other andf you'll be fine for years i recon. they may even bring you breakfast.

Wylie1 30-Aug-2005 15:01

I don't think the hotel would be too happy with a caravan parked up next to it either!

There is a campsite fairly close (I've seen sign posts on the A20, but don't know exactly where it is), but if it was me, i'd go round to the back entrance. It's tarmac, but literally no passing traffic so you should be fine :puzzled:

Wylie1 30-Aug-2005 15:13

I think this is the camp site I mentioned above (sign posted off the A20):-

Thriftwood Caravan Park, Plaxdale Green Rd, Stansted,
Nr Wrotham.Tel: 01732 822261

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...tansted,+Kent+[Town]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

I'd say it's about 10 mins from the circuit. Give 'em a call though as I don't know anything about them.

yeti 30-Aug-2005 17:31

Thanks guys. Didn't know there was hotel at the place! Is it a cheapo Travelodge type place or a rip-off cos it's on circuit? Might be a better alternative to draggin the van 200 miles each way!

Wylie1 30-Aug-2005 17:52

Quote:

Originally posted by yeti
Thanks guys. Didn't know there was hotel at the place! Is it a cheapo Travelodge type place or a rip-off cos it's on circuit? Might be a better alternative to draggin the van 200 miles each way!

It's a Thistle hotel:-

http://www.thistlehotels.com/thistle... estid=498520

Just had a quick look - £56 (non-refundable) for the 4th Oct - bargain!

[Edited on 30-8-2005 by Wylie1]

Bungi 30-Aug-2005 20:34

Quote:

Originally posted by yeti

Can't camp inside anymore now that Gruppenfuhrer Palmer has decreed we are unworthy.

i cant see him putting up with camping outside the gates then?:lol::lol::lol:

Dibble 30-Aug-2005 21:36

you not sorted this ??? chez dibble can be made availabe, circuit just 15 minutes away ... u2u me if needed ....