Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Parcels to US - Advice needed ! (/showthread.php?t=84025)

Nattyboy 07-Mar-2011 15:24

Parcels to US - Advice needed !

I've just sold a pair of Marchesini Magnesium wheels to a guy in the US and the cheapest insured postage (he paid £936 for them) I can find is £184 ! Can anyone recommend a better option ?

Cheers
Nat

antonye 07-Mar-2011 16:57

Had exactly the same issue with sending a fairing to Ireland - quotes were more than the fairing was worth to send it with DHL, UPS, etc!

Then I tried www.Parcel2Go.com and they quoted me £22 for a parcel with DHL when I was being quoted £90+ direct with DHL ... didn't make sense to me but I used their service and it worked fine!

Parcel2Go.com seem to be a bit like the confused.com / moneysupermarket.com of the parcel world! They'll give you a quote with all the major carriers and tell you the cheapest. You pay them, they pay the courier and then the courier turns up and collects it! The only thing that is different from paying direct is that it's cheaper!

As I said, it doesn't really make sense but it worked for me :D

Bionicle 07-Mar-2011 18:41

I use parcels2go as well, never had a problem pick up next day and all parcels have arrived,

Jasper 07-Mar-2011 21:31

I use parcel2go,BUT have found transglobal express can be significantly cheaper for US.