Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Dead Instrumne tPanel (/showthread.php?t=10114)

Anito 06-Sep-2004 08:52

Dead Instrumne tPanel

Yesterday while out on my 749R the instrument panel went completely dead. I mean no rev counter, no LCD, no turn indicators, neutral, engine management, etc.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it an isolated incident?

duc749s 06-Sep-2004 10:30

Yep - I presume the bike still runs perfectly?

If it does just check the fuses, probably just had one of them pop out.

Not gunna teach you to suck eggs, but they are located to the right hand side when sat on the bike just inside the top fairing. You need to "wiggle" the plastic cover on each fuse, check it & then replace firmly - should sort you out a treat... if not just let us know...

Anito 06-Sep-2004 11:15

The Bike does still run OK and I intentionally haven't checked the fuses or anything else for that matter. Unless there is a problem there is no reason for a fuse to blow.

I'm really pi55ed off about this. 2 years ago I had a 998 bip and it was riddled with problems, the dealer and Ducati were totally useless. I expected better from this new bike :(

KeefyB 06-Sep-2004 12:03

Yep,Marko's had this problem a couple of times on his 749.Dunno what the fault is,but the cure is to remove the front fuse for a couple of seconds.(Its the fuse nearest the front of the bike.)
The panel and tach will reset itself when you put the fuse back.I think the clock will also want resetting.

duc749s 06-Sep-2004 13:58

Sorry - when I said one of the fuses might have "Poped out" I didn't mean blown, I meant, literally, wiggled out & needs pushing in properly. Mine came loose when I was going round Brands, but pushed it back in firmly & not had a problem since.

Real McCoy 06-Sep-2004 17:25

mine did exactly the same (999s)

i took all the fuses out and replaced them and it worked again,as already said the clock needs resetting

Anito 07-Sep-2004 08:31

Mine turned out to be a lose wire, somewhere.

The thing is, I don't really find this acceptable & I'm really ****ed off with it.

Don't those of you who have had to re-seat their fuses just think 'this is rubbish?' Poor build quality is only acceptable if we, the people who buy these bikes, allow it to be acceptable.

I'm so hacked off, £13.5K for one of Ducati's 'flagship' bikes... I think i'm entitled to expect better.

Real McCoy 07-Sep-2004 17:41

Listen mate,after the probs iv had this was feck all :lol:

nathanhu 07-Sep-2004 17:46

ditto :lol::lol::lol:

Anito 07-Sep-2004 18:00

So much for Camaraderie then.

The reason manufacturers just like Ducati continue to provide us with prodcuts which are substandard and problematic is that we the consumers don't comlpain enough. The result is they get away with it, the products never improve and we end up in a downward spiral which is NOT in our favour.

Judging from the replies I guess you guys don't care too much though