Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Best paddock stands (/showthread.php?t=7874)

Jasper 31-May-2004 13:29

Best paddock stands

Whats the consensus on the best front and rear paddock stands?Go for cups or cotton reels?

Rob B 31-May-2004 14:02

Harris for me.

Rgds,

Rob

skidlids 31-May-2004 14:53

Harris or Micron

Nattyboy 01-Jun-2004 01:46

Deffo use the cotton reel type for the rear. I use the FG Racing one from ducati performance..top quality and lightweight. I have some brand spankers still in there wrapping without attachments...you can have one for £40 (half price) if you can get some ends knocked up (should be easy/cheap enough).

Heres mine attached, but the latest versions are gunmetal in colour.

Cheers
Nat

skidlids 01-Jun-2004 03:54

Natt I could be interested in one if it will fit my ZXR400, once I'm back from the TT I will see if you have any still available.

Kev

Nattyboy 01-Jun-2004 09:57

Hi Kev

No probs...BTW..each stand has a plaque with an individual serial number, and it also has the website and e-mail for FG..I am told you can get spares from there..

Cheers
Nat

KeefyB 03-Jun-2004 10:19

The cups or forks from a Motrax rear paddock stand fit the FG stands perfectly.
:)

Jasper 03-Jun-2004 10:36

Cheers,sorted.

Nattyboy 03-Jun-2004 18:01

Cheers Keefy...will be easier to get some ends from them than FG in Italy I guess. Jaspers all sorted ... I must be getting generous in my old age as ive lobbed him the attachements off my FG stand (mind you I did get a spangly new wave rear disc in return !!!)

Cheers
Nat

Rob B 07-Jun-2004 13:30

What do we all think about the best front lifts/stands? I have a cheap (Demon Tweeks) front stand. It's the type with the pins that go up the bottom of the fork legs. It's a bit awkward to use and I really don't like the fact that it's not well located when I am trying to lever the front end up into the air. I often get one of the pins popping out from the fork bottom as the yoke twists on the way up which seems like a good route to a bill for body work.

Got any recomendations?

Thanks,

Rob