Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Track bodywork for 999 (/showthread.php?t=8396)

everton 22-Jun-2004 08:58

Track bodywork for 999

With CSS level 1 out of the way, level 2 at Silverstone coming up and track attacks 2.5 & 3 not far away, I've decided to investigate track bodywork for my 999R.

I believe there was a thread about this earlier in the year but I can't find it :(

Any advice as to where I could source a body kit for the bike please

uncledunnie 22-Jun-2004 10:32

PRFRacekits do a set. They had this to say:-

The kits will be available approximately the second week of February. The price of a full kit will be £350. There is no cut out for the side stand and I could not say whether a single seat unit will fit the bip subframe. The pipe should not be a problem as it is a genuine copy of the factory Ducati Corse kit and their exhaust pipe is 65mm. Catch tray included.

They would only lay it up in white so a paint job is needed.

749R posted some photo's of a set he fitted recently, don't know made it tho - looks like its laid up in red.

I have been meaning to buy a set for the last few months but just have'nt got round to it yet - partly because I will probably have to change the rear subframe to a mono and there are'nt many about for sensible money.

Let me know how you get on, if there's savings to be had for buying a couple of sets I'm up for that.

Scottch 22-Jun-2004 10:40

Superbike Bodywork

Try pestering these dudes - I've mailed them already, they said 999/749 bodywork would be available in a couple of weeks ........ a couple of weeks ago.

The best bit is the stuff comes pre-coloured and you can get number boards injected in with the moulds.

Have a looksee and pester Chris.

Cheers!

Scott

dickieducati 22-Jun-2004 11:07

just left a message with them to call me back. i keep saying i will get some but havnt yet. maybe see if we can get a dsc discount if they do it soon.

yellowisfriedegg 22-Jun-2004 11:07

Quote:

Originally posted by Scottch
Superbike Bodywork

Try pestering these dudes - I've mailed them already, they said 999/749 bodywork would be available in a couple of weeks ........ a couple of weeks ago.

The best bit is the stuff comes pre-coloured and you can get number boards injected in with the moulds.

Have a looksee and pester Chris.

Cheers!

Scott

Is this you looking for track bodywork for your 996 replacement already ?

...................those new Fireblades look nice indeed ????;)

yellowisfriedegg 22-Jun-2004 11:11

749R got his bodywork from PRF ltd , available in white or extra for yellow / red gelcoat

Phone : 0170 4896622

or go here : http://www.prfracekits.com/

Scottch 22-Jun-2004 11:49

Andy,

What can I say mate?

Painted myself into a corner didn't I - we'll make 999 bodywork fit my blade :lol:

Cheers!

Scott

DMC 22-Jun-2004 15:13

Be aware that the PRF racekit is for the full race 749/999. It takes quite a bit of cutting to get it to fit, the race radiator is smaller than the road version for example. The seat unit is will not fit unless you do a large amount of butchering.

The Superbike bodywork is sounding like the best bet.

bazzer sps 22-Jun-2004 21:45

AJRacing are also doing race body work for about £250 in white only + loads of other 749/999 stuff.
www.ajracing.info/

Reaper 13-Jul-2004 12:16

Does anyone have any more information on where to obtain trackday bodywork? Ideally I'd like to find a kit that is a direct replacement for the road bodywork - ie something with sidestand and headlight cutouts already in place.

I called MBK and they are now talking about autumn before their 999/749 kits are available.

R.