Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Happy Ducati Insurance (/showthread.php?t=15267)

Paul James 06-Apr-2005 16:38

My last years insurance company wanted to increase price from £500 to £580, this bearing in mind that I've just turned 50 and that all three bikes on my policy have depreciated in value since the last price.

Ducati Insurance did it for £463, nuff said I reckon !!

sonic 06-Apr-2005 16:48

I tried all the places, cheapest for me (26, new 749 Dark and having past the test the previous day) was Devitt at £1150.

Ducati insurance wouldnt even offer any kind of cover. Carole Nash was silly money (nearly £2000) and Bennets wouldnt cover either.

TP 06-Apr-2005 16:55

Quote:

Originally posted by Wylie1
TP....do you have a tel no. for Laxtons/ Access ?

Sorry Wylie, I missed this before. You probably don't need it anymore but ...

Laxtons - 08704446365

Wylie1 07-Apr-2005 11:07

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Originally posted by Wylie1
TP....do you have a tel no. for Laxtons/ Access ?

Sorry Wylie, I missed this before. You probably don't need it anymore but ...

Laxtons - 08704446365

Sorted now. £290 FC with current broker/ insurer (Express/ KGM). Thanks anyway TP.

PS. InsureMyDucati.co.uk were very good/ helpful. They came in at £300, but they were a bit more picky about locks + ground anchors. When it was at home, it had to be locked up + I would have to deal with some paperwork. I'd recommend them though.

phillc 08-Apr-2005 10:27

TP - How'd you get 7 years NCD?!?!?

No insurer I spoke to would even consider anything to do with transferring NCD from an Australian insurer, thus I had to start all over again with 0 NCD, although am back up to almost 4 years now.

TP 08-Apr-2005 11:32

Quote:

Originally posted by phillc
TP - How'd you get 7 years NCD?!?!?

No insurer I spoke to would even consider anything to do with transferring NCD from an Australian insurer, thus I had to start all over again with 0 NCD, although am back up to almost 4 years now.

Carole Nash recognised my Aussie NCD. I rang every company under the sun telling them they were missing out on my business if they didn't recognise it but they just wanted the extra cash. Carole Nash were happy to so they got my business.

deej 06-May-2005 20:44

insure my ducati got my buisness, ronnie was great and very helpful and after my poor experience with norwich union thats what counts now, price aint everything no more

Monty 16-May-2005 16:42

Ducati Insurance are supporting DesmoDue as well.

John

ath748 16-May-2005 16:51

I can confirm that my insurance halved this year (and that is A LOT!!) thanks to Ducati Insurance.

Ade.

Gizmo 16-May-2005 16:56

Di for me as well, half the companies i tried wouldn't quote as I had a few years off, lost all my NCD and had to start again, so despite me being 46, full bike licence since I was 17, 1 years NCD and no claims for over 10 years they won't quote.

On top of that DI were cheaper by £100 for a new 999S than Honda Ins were for my old Sp2. Biggest thing I found was level of knowledge of staff and how helpful they were. every occasion i have had to call any change has been carried out quickly, usually with docs arriving next day. You can get a alphadot kit off them to help get premiums down a bit more and its just re-assuring to have an insurance company who seem to be focused on customer service.