Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Blimey - I've come over all nervous like... (/showthread.php?t=16939)

phoenix n max 28-Apr-2005 14:14

Blimey - I\'ve come over all nervous like...

I've been calm all through till now - I've just been loading the car and for some odd reason i've started shaking :puzzled:

I do hope i'm not the only one feeling nervous right now ? :o

ali 28-Apr-2005 14:41

Must admit, I was fine when I went to bed last night but woke this morning with butterflies, seems to be getting progressively worse regardless of what I do!! Eeek.:o

Funnily enough my mind is pretty calm but my body's getting a bit nervous, probably knows what's coming!

Cheers,

Ali

NBs996 28-Apr-2005 14:44

It's gonna be really really scary on that grid Lin... adrenalin will be coarsing through everyone's veins, we'll all want to be first into that really tight turn 1... you will have NO friends when the red light goes out... the guy behind you wants your arse on a plate as does the dude who's alongside you taking your brake lever off just before the braking zone...

But don't worry, it'll only last for 10 minutes (x5)!

Hey, relax, it'll be fun.

fil2 28-Apr-2005 14:49

Quote:

Originally posted by NBs996
It's gonna be really really scary on that grid Lin... adrenalin will be coarsing through everyone's veins, we'll all want to be first into that really tight turn 1... you will have NO friends when the red light goes out... the guy behind you wants your arse on a plate as does the dude who's alongside you taking your brake lever off just before the braking zone...

But don't worry, it'll only last for 10 minutes (x5)!

Hey, relax, it'll be fun.

Thanks for those calming inspirational words nic.....

now where is THAT immodium....

:P

Phil

dickieducati 28-Apr-2005 14:51

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
make sure you put some gaffer tape over 1 side of the kill switch... ;) old MotoX trick of killing someones bike just before the lights go :)

yeah and a broken nose to whoever tries it. fcuking stupid thing to do.

AK 28-Apr-2005 15:06

Well, looks like I'm driving up there, as dear 'OLD' hubby didnt come in from doing the final bits in the workshop last nite, sorry this morning at 5.45am!:o - and back up for work at 7.15.......

Van to load tonight, then pootle off when I'm ready in the morning:)

C, looking forwards to a snooze at Cadders;)

dickieducati 28-Apr-2005 15:09

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:

make sure you put some gaffer tape over 1 side of the kill switch... ;) old MotoX trick of killing someones bike just before the lights go :)

yeah and a broken nose to whoever tries it. fcuking stupid thing to do.

different in the MotoX as you all start touching bars in one long straight line, so there was no chance of anyone beingg ploughed into from behind....

furry muff.

phoenix n max 28-Apr-2005 15:19

Quote:

Originally posted by CK and AK

C, looking forwards to a snooze at Cadders;)

I've got the wine ready for you ;)

Iconic944ss 28-Apr-2005 15:36

Fully symathise with nerves....

Even thought I was never going to be competative, no matter how many runs and mountain bike races I did, I was ALWAYS nervous, until the flag dropped.

If you don't get nervous, I think it might be time to stop.

Best of luck to everyone - see you all on Sunday.

Frank

AK 28-Apr-2005 15:37

good-oh mrs!:D

Looks like we might have to wait for Andy, as he has the tickets - he is aiming to arrive about 2.30/3ish.

C U then Lin

C
xx