Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   roads in france (/showthread.php?t=79313)

robo75uk 04-May-2009 21:58

roads in france

planning a trip over to france only 4 days.we are getting the train over anyone done this if any ideas about good bike roads bearing in mind only got 4 days cheers robo

Monty 04-May-2009 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo75uk
planning a trip over to france only 4 days.we are getting the train over anyone done this if any ideas about good bike roads bearing in mind only got 4 days cheers robo

France is full of good roads Robo, keep off the main roads and explore some of the 'D' roads and you won't go far wrong. Most of my favourites are in the hills from Mulhouse on the edge of the Alps or down near the pyrenees-a bit far for a 4 day return trip maybe.

John

Tonio600 05-May-2009 00:12

Monty, you are a real connaisseur.

Best roads in France are the whole of the East border of the country. Alsace/Vosges, Jura and Alpes: perfect tarmacs and real corners the whole way long :D

ENGAKATS 05-May-2009 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
...Most of my favourites are in the hills from Mulhouse on the edge of the Alps...

+1

Lovely roads there!

You can easily get there in one day (I've done Reading-Milan in 16 hours :D)

mazpillion 24-May-2009 15:34

Quote:

France is full of good roads Robo, keep off the main roads and explore some of the 'D' roads and you won't go far wrong. Most of my favourites are in the hills from Mulhouse on the edge of the Alps or down near the pyrenees-a bit far for a 4 day return trip maybe.

John

Best get your little tush down here, then!! :D

RickyX 24-May-2009 16:58

Have done the following Ducati based roads in Normandy and south...

D748
D999 (watch out my mate wrote his 748 off on that one...emergency services based road too!)
D916

Get the gist?

chrisw 24-May-2009 19:31

Worth a read. About the Massif Central.

http://motomassif.blogspot.com/

Monty 25-May-2009 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazpillion
Best get your little tush down here, then!! :D

The plan is next year my sweet-this year I am mainly recovering from surgery on my hand. But next year I will need to run in the new Multistrada 1098 thingy which I have on order...................so get the beers in the fridge.:)

Monty, you are a real connaisseur.

Best roads in France are the whole of the East border of the country. Alsace/Vosges, Jura and Alpes: perfect tarmacs and real corners the whole way long
04-May-2009 10:57 PM

True Tonio me old mate-Route Napoleon is pretty good for starters. :)

Worth a read. About the Massif Central.

http://motomassif.blogspot.com/
Yesterday 04:58 PM

And Chris-shhhhhh-I was trying to keep those roads a secret.............

John

mazpillion 25-May-2009 17:24

Quote:

The plan is next year my sweet-this year I am mainly recovering from surgery on my hand. But next year I will need to run in the new Multistrada 1098 thingy which I have on order...................so get the beers in the fridge.:)

And Chris-shhhhhh-I was trying to keep those roads a secret.............

John

Wishing you a speedy recovery with the hand, hun.
Nigel got bashed off his bike at the end of April, sadly the SV is a complete write-off, luckily Nigel wasn't, although he is still hurting... :mad: . Still waiting on the outcome re insurance. Would love one of those multistrada thingies, we had a go on a friends, and it makes a great pillion bike :D .... but just can't get to grips with the looks....

Monty 27-May-2009 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazpillion
Wishing you a speedy recovery with the hand, hun.
Nigel got bashed off his bike at the end of April, sadly the SV is a complete write-off, luckily Nigel wasn't, although he is still hurting... :mad: . Still waiting on the outcome re insurance. Would love one of those multistrada thingies, we had a go on a friends, and it makes a great pillion bike :D .... but just can't get to grips with the looks....

Tell Nigel to get well from me.
Jo agree's on the multistrada as a pillion bike-she reckons it is more comfy that the ST. Trouble is the aircooled engine is not really powerful enough for the riding I like to do-hence me ordering the new 1098 powered one-roll on next year. :devil:

John