Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   I'll bet none of you 'know it all' contenders knows the answer to this one...! (/showthread.php?t=14940)

NBs996 06-Mar-2005 23:04

I\'ll bet none of you \'know it all\' contenders knows the answer to this one...!

I want to change the clocks on my 2002 m620.
I've asked the peeps on UKMOC and some useful suggestions have come forward, but nothing definitive.

The new clocks are plugged in and the needles spin round, everything lights up, but the starter button don't work.
I have learned that the chip in the ignition key talks to a reciever in the clocks which sends an activation signal to the ecu if all is in order, but obviously the new clocks are expecting a different key to be used so tells the ecu to immobilise!

Question is this...
How can I make the new clocks recognise the old ignition key?

PeteB 06-Mar-2005 23:08

Take it to a dealer!!??:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Albie 06-Mar-2005 23:10

Show them a photograph. They may remember :lol::eureka::D Im sorry nick. Had too. No I dont know other than maybe put the red key in and see what it does. Maybe there are buttons to press as in most technical faults:puzzled:

AK 06-Mar-2005 23:11

You have been told!:P

using the red key, you need to go though a specific sequence.

Will only tell, for large amounts of chocolate!:P

C

GsxrAge 06-Mar-2005 23:12

HAMMER :lol::lol::lol:

NBs996 06-Mar-2005 23:12

Quote:

Originally posted by PeteB
Take it to a dealer!!??:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did, but the mechanic was bloody useless! :P

NBs996 06-Mar-2005 23:13

Quote:

Originally posted by CK and AK

Will only tell, for large amounts of chocolate!:P

C

or a copy of Win98 2nd edition?

:P :P

AK 06-Mar-2005 23:15

Nah, belgian chocs are more satisfying!:P

just give Roger a call in the morning - am sure he can help your mechanic out, however poorly trained he might be!:lol::lol:

C:saint:

NBs996 06-Mar-2005 23:17

I prefer AGE996's suggestion best so far!

So much more satisfying than Belgian chocolate :devil:

bolds 06-Mar-2005 23:30

Are the clocks brand new and never been fitted to a bike?
If so you need your red key and at least two black keys to code them to the bike-when you turn on the red key you start a countdown and you then have to turn on each black key within 15 secs and finish again with the red one turn on and off within 15 secs and wait 30secs before turning any key on again.
If they have been fitted to a bike then you have had it-they are already coded to whatever bike they were fitted to